something wrong with my k11

Hi all,
I have a k11 1.0 2001 vibe 30k miles. A few weeks back it wouldn't start during the cold, so I jump started it and it was fine. Now after 2-3 days of not using it, it wouldn't start, so I tried to jump start it again but it didn't work this time. Now I thought I would check the engine oil, which I found was overfilled but in ok condition. Now when I try to start it the normal dashboard lights come on, the normal pre-engine start noise is there but it won't fire. Does anyone know what is wrong the car??

Happened to me a while back.

I kept turning it over whilst pumping the gas. After 30 secs or so it coughed into life.
No problems since.

Perhaps a dizzy problem?

If I keep turning the key, will this damage the ignition or something else. I was planning to fully service it first time, as I realised it wasn't giving good milage so I'd need the car to actually start,. People I have talked to have said it might be alternator/started/battery, so confused.

Does it crank over? Simple solution could just be that it flooded - when you jump started it did you run it for a long/short period of time?

I left the other car running about 5-10 minutes after I connected jump leads, then gave some gas a few times, didn't start so left connected+running for another 5-10 minutes, gave gas but wouldn't start.

Not sure if the ECU coding is the same, but on the earlier models if you floor the accelarator when cranking it cuts out the fuel so might help to clear it?

Failing that take one of the spark plugs out and see if it smells petroley.

Back