Think the car's about dead :(

Titch

Micra K11ng
Right well went out this morning to help sort out my mates computer and i think the Micra may nearly be dead. :(
Started up okay, and when i went to put it into gear - CRUNCH :(
So i thought, might just be a bit moody cause its cold.
But no, every gear was doing it, and i wasn't even booting it or nout.
It goes into gear, but really isn't happy about it
So do i need a new clutch, or gearbox?
Help pwease :( :down:

Clutch Kit

There ya go mate, theres a nice an cheap clutch for you! Guy round the road from me fitted it for £60 on my old micra! So hopefuly you will know someone who can do it on the cheap cheap for you!!

Daz

ok, to update this a tad moe.

the pedal is tight (instead of softish)
so sounds as if it not depressing the clutch (thus why it crunching)
or at least not depressing it enough, as it still selects. just crunched as if cluch aint engaged enough.

he has work now. so will check after work!

but ne one else HAD the some probs please leave comments below

You could try power steering fluid in the gearbox i heard this is what BMW do when thay sevice their cars to free up the gearbox for a smoother change. good luck with geting the beast sorted anyways

quickdraw said:
the pedal is tight (instead of softish)
Mine is really tight, i've actually sprained my left foot in the week i've had my K11 o_O so does that mean mine is gonna go that way too? At the moment, it seems like its ever so slightly slipping in 5th and maybe 4th too.

James :)

Well peeps, think the clutch has gone. Can just get it into gear and it grinds really badly when it does. :(
Away for a few days tomorrow so will forget about it for a bit, but anyone else any other ideas before i push it to the garage?

Mine was like this, just had a brand new clutch AND gearbox fitted. Clutch was £25 (genuine nissan) and gearbox was £100 then cost me £70 to get it all fitted.

The bloke said that the seal in my gearbox broke and oil had spurted out all over my clutch. And apparently there were shreds of metal in my gearbox where the gears had been grinding... had been absolutely hammered by previous owner. I'm sure that's not happened to yours though!

That wasn't really relevant but hey :blush:

poss syncro mesh aswell. but as said normally has warning signs or sumthing happn to make these go. not just to go like that. especially clutch!!

try double clutching!!

1. Accelerate to about 10 - 15mph in first gear.
2. Depress the clutch and move the lever to neutral.
3. Allow the engine revs to fall so that the revs will match the road speed in second gear.
4. Depress the clutch and quickly engage 2nd gear.

if it still crunches. :down: its not the synchro-mesh!!

tbh i dont think it sounds like your clutch, id say leave it into a gearbox place and let them whip it out and have a look see, they do clutches too so they would be able to fix the prob definitly!
Thats just my 2 cents!

So you are alive then george? I was starting to worry a bit when you hadnt been on the forums much lol! Isnt titch organising a little something with you to do with gearboxes anyway??

Daz:alien:

Well i got it back fixed this morning...
and i just nearly wrote it off :(

Was coming home from work and there was a slight knockin noise from the passenger side, but when i braked it went away. (Any ideas??)
Anyway, was about 2 mins away from home and i turned corner and got a massive noise from the gear box and everything just locked.
Lucky no one was behind me, cause it grinded to a halt.
So peeps, what is it? New gearbox time?
Car has been lifted to garage now.
a very :( :kungfu:

central release bearing has collapsed by the sounds of it!!!
normally happens with the clutch slipping/innefective!!.
so if the clutch hasnt been engaging properly as i said to you before it has basically caused the release bearing to smash.. if you take driveshafts out youll most prob find the bearings just dropping out! :p

unlucky but it does mean new gearbox time unfortunatly

Back