Dead Micra

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
OK help I wired clocks from super sport to fit the micra shape following the guide set down here word for word. (for the connection of rev counter) blue wire on dizzy to wire on black plug on clocks quess what it worked for about 5 seconds then micra died so I have taken wire back off and car started again but only for about 5 seconds now it just turns over and wont start so whats went wrong and whats the remedy I was hoping to have this finished today now its all gone tits up..................:down: :down: :down:
Just re fitted the original clocks car still wont start removed number 1 spark plug and did the spark test looked orange and weak not the usual strong blue also i noticed when i put the original clocks back in the orange engine managment light is flashing none stop so with this in mind has anyone some ideas. wire that i put in for rev counter is now removed so everything is back to standard form. After searching on here and ciscos it would appear that the nats system has something to do with whats went wrong HOW or WHY I dont know I would have thought that if there were issues with things that could or can go wrong then you guys on here would know first hand, If I had known that by connecting a wire this may or could happen then I wouldnt have connected it. But that said theres nowt I can do about it now and like the old saying there is no cryin over spilt milk, But I would like to get her running again it was going back on the roads 2morrow but now thats out the window. After searching both here and there im no further forward nats into none nats will wont work. So question is once and for all and again searching provides me with the name micra pete he seems to be the man for this one. If I go to the scrappy and get a NONE nats ecu will it just plug and start without the need for key re programing or will i have to do some wireing to get it up and running not a problem, Or option 2 do I have to find a nissan dealer tow car there get them to sort it out (try not to) 3rd option tow car to m8s breakers yard strike match and keep warm for an hour or two.......Is there a way around this that dont involve nissan ie the purchase of an open ecu unit if so where and who and how much just point me in the right direction or all my hard work will have been for nowt......................losing the faith now.

kristian

One Way Mule
leave your Current ECU unit Completley disconnected for 12 hours and try it

also have a look around your ignition barrel incase you have broken/damaged the connector to the 'Ring' sensor that sits around it for the Immobilser.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
checked wire before everything is ok there as for disconecting for 12 hours seems a long time,, i have heard of disconecting battery for half an hour to reset ecu is that the same thing.

Elwood

Ex. Club Member
Where is the ECU that you leave unplugged? I'm having a similar problem to Japseye. I bought my daughter a 1999 1.0ltr. Micra as her first car. Thinking to make everything as good as it could be, I renewed the dizzy cap and rotar arm; all HT leads and spark plugs; air & oil filters and did an oil change.

To get at the bottom screw of the dizzy cap, I had to disconnect & remove the battery. When everything was reassembled the car started first time and ticked over beautifully. When I took it for a drive, however, the engine started to miss very badly with the engine check light flashing briefly each time. It felt like temporary fuel starvation or an extremely weak mixture. I thought the fuel pump relay might be at fault.

My daughter risked taking the car to her friend's house where she stayed overnight. In the morning, however, the car simply would not start. The engine turned over briskly, but would not fire.

We called out the AA who thoroughly tested and checked everything he could. His final diagnosis was the the NATS system is fubard.

It seems strange to me that the car drove perfectly well for a couple of days, but by removing the battery leads the NATS module should become useless.

I've tried leaving the battery disconnected overnight, but to no avail. I've tried to get the fault codes, but as the engine check light is flashing on & off all the time when the ignition is on, the codes don't show.

Any advice will be much appreciated. And where is the ECU situated.

Thanks in advance.

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Elwood, I had the same problem as you after I changed the distributor cap.

My NATS went FUBAR too. Took mine to Ed as I was gonna have an engine transplant done, he put in a NON-NATS ECU which completly ignores the fact that NATS is there. Works a treat!!

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
how can changing a dissy cap have any effect on the nats system?

you have moved the battery around and i suspect you have knocked the fuse box next to it, take the fuse box apart looking at the igntion fuse wiring if its a poor connection nats will chuck faults up and wont start

japseye and elwood where are you two located ?

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
IM IN STANLEY CO DURHAM sorry caps on I have removed battery again dont know why as i have allready tried this...to answer elwood the ecu is located under radio if you remove cubbyhole surround 1 screw either side then there is a couple of plastic cromits holding back plastic trim remove these to get at 4 screws retaining ecu the is one 10 mil bolt hold in harness plug at front of ecu. So what i need is a none nats ecu could mine be reprogrammed so that it dont look for nats is there someone here can do it better still can someone sell me a none nats ecu

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Cant wait for ebay auctions need one asap without it im knackered as car is in my garage and i need garage to make money i need money to live. cant push in or out as drive is steep incline i would not get it back in again

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I have relevant question to this dilema and as yet no one has given me a staight yes or no answer and the threads i have found are conflicting so here it goes............
If i take a ecu unit from a pre nats micra 998cc will it just plug straight in as a replacment for mine and allow me to start car. Or will I have some wire swoping to perform. If its a case of just replacing it then my m8 has very large scrappy and i will be off to locate pre nat micra,s if someone hasnt beat me to them.

sorted i hope ecu unit on its way none nats lets hope it sorts it out...

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
WARNING TRADING WITH djlee_dj IS NOT RECOMMENDED.

Also he knows he should not do it and as a result of ignoring this he has been banned for a week. (yes we take this seriously after he turned over members in the past, and refuses to make previous problems right)

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Great just my luck allready sent money as well. shame no one gave me the heads up before hand oh well I will just have to wait and see if i get part. I went to sacriston this morning to get ecu from there as there are 4 k11s 2 of which are 1994 models great i thought arghhhhh nuts they had allready gone they also had a k10 up the top of the yard that looked untouched so if anyone needs bits off that theres one there.....changed dizzy but problem still persists also changed fuse for injectors just to be on safe side also checked for corrosion so have looked at local nissan dealers from here to get to any of them i have to tow some 10 miles fair bit on end of rope. Any ideas much apreciated

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
It was mentioned in his feedback, (-1) hopefully he will send you your item. I didnt catch this post before he posted.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
feedback were here or ebay item didnt make it to ebay
been on ebay and yes it looks bad but I thought he was trying to do me a favor, I would hate to think that someone delibratly set out to sting me for 35 quid I have to work as hard as anyone else for my small wage and 35 notes is 2 weeks pocket money for me so I will just have to wait and time will tell I have a gut feeling that all will be well wait and see............

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
links to ecu for sale m8 ????????????
Have searched for information in regards to using a none nats ecu to get my micra up and running again, can someone give me some positive information as to what i need to do to either wireing harness or imobiliser box in k11 to get this to work or do I just plug it in and hope it powers my car up. I cant tow to a nissan dealer as its to far and you have to go on motorway to get there no way around that. If you dont want to publish such info because of tealeafs then an email anything that helps is greatly appreciated the longer this goes on the more I get depressed.:down: :down: :down:

I have read just about every post in fact every post concerning ecu,s and nats the one thing that concerns me is that there is no clear answer to question, will it wont it also there is no clear cut answer as to what you have to do to get a none nats ecu to work within a nats system nothing, Now I dont mind having to pay for information that is why I paid and joined thinking along the lines the answer is there just not in public view but its not. One more question before I have bar-b-q with the micra it should start if the plastic cowling is not around the ignition barral should it not, or is the piece that fits around barrel seperate to rest of plastics part of the pick up ring. Just wondering

Been to my m8s scrappy this morning and took ecu unit and key from T reg micra put ecu into car taped key to pickup ring took chip out of my spare key held my breath and FANTASTIC car fired up ran it down road came back took key out went to start it again NATS NATS NATS DO NOT EVADE THE SWEAR FILTERS NATS locked out again what gives with this piece of DO NOT EVADE THE SWEAR FILTERS im at my wits end with this now. Its either getting sold as a none runner or im going to have a bar-b-q with it. No one seems to know anything about these cars or if they do they dont offer up and advice exept take it to nissan even something as simple as connecting a none nats ecu gets little or no attention unless of course your willing to shell out to have it done for you.

butta

Kicked in the Member
NATS is a right pain but what usualy works with mine when it goes wrong is to turn the key to the on position and wait untill the light stops flashing before you try to start the car sometimes mine can take up to 30 secs untill this happens but then starts fine! (also posted in other thread) worth a try?

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
cheers will try that then

nope didnt work gut feeling said it wouldnt I have read on other sites that the nats can be bypassed read here....
How do i bypass the immobiliser on a 95 primera invitation 1.6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Hello . I Need Help With Removing Nats Immobiliser From My Nissan Primera .pls Help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
03-16-2004, 04:36 PM
hello Lofty and bottler,
it is possible to bypas and indeed remove your NATS system. To remove the system you will need a very good knowlege of the NATS system and vehicle electrics. your best bet would be to bypass the system.
there is a control unit for the NATS imobilizer up behind the interior blower motor (motor will need to be removed). once you find the control unit and remove it you are left with the wiring harness, to bypass the system you will have to link the correct wires together to allow the car to run. hope this helps.

01-09-2007, 03:45 PM
I have a Nissan serena which is fitted with this system and is no longer working.Could you tell me where it is fiited on this and how to bypass?
IT WENT ON TO SAY after removal of nats unit your left with connecting plug connect pins 1&2 5&6 7&8 leave 3&4 now if this works on primera is it not the same system on nats 1 micra so that in mind where is the nats located on R reg micra and are there 8 pins as in this description if there is then im up for giving it a try.....unless someone wants to tell me how to use a none nats ecu in my car

Starting this again problem started when i conected wire from dizzy to her (pic)
Photo-0189.jpg

now had i not connected this wire i think all would be well so my question is the wire shown here (pic)
Photo-0190.jpg

where in the loom will it run to could this be whats causing my problems everything is now back to the way it was before wire was installed exept still no life.

Starting this again problem started when i conected wire from dizzy to her (pic)
Photo-0189.jpg

now had i not connected this wire i think all would be well so my question is the wire shown here (pic)
Photo-0190.jpg

where in the loom will it run to could this be whats causing my problems everything is now back to the way it was before wire was installed exept still no life.

butta

Kicked in the Member
soz my trick didnt work for you good luck with the non nats ecu (not something i would like to try) but it can work cuz ollies 1.3 has a non nats ecu (i think ed fitted it) so it might be worth sending him a pm?

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Well I hang my head in shame in fact I crawl on the floor of shame.
I have been back into garage and I have went through everything and what I have found was the pickup ring had cracked around the bottom where it is joined to the rest of pickup.
PICT0087.jpg

PICT0088.jpg

Now I have been to scrappy and got another one but the car still refuses to start so I have dissconnected the battery and will try to reset the ecu that way hopefully it will start if not then it looks like all I need to do is get car to nissan for re programme of keys I hope. Or what could have gone wrong when a pickup ring is broken like that.

butta

Kicked in the Member
man youve had your fair share and a half of bad luck with this car, nissan only take like 5 mins to reprogram keys but usualy charge a full hours labour so if you play your face you can usualy get this halfed

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
quess what it still wont start even after replacing the broken pickup ring I give up. I would have thought that it would just start after i reconnect battery but no it wont its holding out, maybe she just dont like been yellow should have left her white and sold it.

butta

Kicked in the Member
just take out the plugs to see if the engine isnt flooded from all the times youve tried to start it!

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
nah no point cant be flooded as nats system is still kicked in dont know why but it has unless im the most unluckiest ppl out there and have got the only knackered pickup ring think i will pop over to sacriston and see if i can get another just in case.

oops to late didnt think it was 10 to 5 they will be shut before i get there

butta

Kicked in the Member
dont know if ecu or pickup ring contains imob code cuz on pugueot's its the ring that holds the code (when we changed the pickup ring on a 106 whe had to change the chip in the key to the one from the same car) or is it the nats conrol unit that has the code even?

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
changed guts over from my broken pickup ring to the good one and still no good it still wont have it the yellow engine managment light still flashes when you put key into ignition now i am at a loss. see pic inside of pickup ring...
PICT0089.jpg

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
recieved today from djlee_dj the ecu I purchased from him, Said it would be here today and it was........nice one m8. another piece of the puzzle now to put it all together

butta

Kicked in the Member
the best of luck with that i would try to get a non nats ecu plug and try to graft it into your existing loom. i bet youve got some long evenings before you get that running again.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I wont as i have booked it into nissan ive thought about choping the loom and grafting none ecu plug and have decided that as I now know it was the transponder ring at fault to have nissan just recode everything. Reason been you can put a scrap transponder ring/pickup ring on but it wont read key as it can only be reprogramed by nissan. so on tuesday it will be up and running again
Tuesdays here and the nissan guys have my micra, had to leave it as they had no waiting apiontments left im not happy having to leave it but hey what can you do they have you by the short and curleys when it comes to stuff like this, geting it there was going to be fun on a rope didnt fancy that so bought plans for a frame (towing dolly) worth every penny and only took a day to construct and saved over a 100 quid to boot. I have these on pdf file for those that are interested. and totally legal better than a rope and you dont need someone sat in car fantastic........just waiting for call to collect car then i can finish it.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
fixed £76 and 38 pence to have keys re coded what a rip off less than 10 mins work it took longer to get car there and back. but all is well again all that for a snaped transponder ring arghhhhhhhhhhhh

fixed £76 and 38 pence to have keys re coded what a rip off less than 10 mins work it took longer to get car there and back. but all is well again all that for a snaped transponder ring arghhhhhhhhhhhh
Well its it gotta pay for more than just there wages.