Gearbox dead. Need help

Ok, so I'm gonna tell exactly what happened and please, for the love of God, someone tell me what's with it.

I took like 4 months ago a Micra 1.0, 2002 automatic. All went well till last week when the gearbox started to sound metal on metal, like a sort of zzzzzzz while starting in first gear. The thing vanished when entering the 2nd, so I thought that she just tells me to service it. Oh well, that didn't lasted for long.

This morning I've started the car like usual, warmed up the engine and drove home from work. At a round about, all of the sudden, the sound came back. But the scary part was that EML has turned on and when I've reached 40mph, it would brake itself. Stopped the car, put in D again and started to drive uphill. Almost immediately the sound came back, coudn't go above 20mph and again, the car was trying to brake herself(without pressing any pedal).
Pulled over, mounted the OBD reader and gave me an error code: P1756. I've erased it, all of the sudden the car was going ok, but not like before, it was a bit sluggish.
Anyway, arrived home and parked it. The sound came again, but this time a bigger sound came, like when you're doing a burnout. And the car stopped.
Now, whatever I may select, the car doesn't move. Can someone tell me what's going on?

Oh, found that some liquid is coming from(I think) some sort of oil sump of the gearbox

Sounds like you've lost your gearbox oil over a couple of months ....slow leak.
If that box is empty / low and you have been driving it then imo it's finished buddy.
Did you smell anything (?) if it was a burnt oily smell the box is kaput.
Get one of of Ebay - cheap enough. ...it's gone.
Have a look at the oil, if it's black / very dark red .....it's gone.

Since it was my cheap daily runner, I'm not gonna bother. I mean, no disrespect to it, the car was fantastic, but putting aside the gearbox, underneath was a mess(the protective coat was peeling off). Oh well...Golf comes back on the road. Gonna put her goodies for sale and that's it

Back