A story of how genuine Decency and Service always makes its way above the Scum.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Well I was minding my own business this morning when I realised my sunroof wasnt closing from the TILT position properly. Upon closer inspection I found dirty great oily/sweat finger prints all over my sunroof.

Some Scum had obviously tried to pull my sunroof further open or something and in doing so has completely ruined the sunroof alignment.

So after a quick inspection I took it down to the Local nissan dealer where the service manager wasted 5 minutes looking at it, poking it and winding it around. COmpletely useless f**khead. Wanted to charge me for looking at it and then claimed that Australia never got any 2 door Micras and that mine must be a grey import. Told him to piss off before he broke it any further and got out of there as quickly as possible. The ****stain's watch bad has also put some small scratches in my roof. ARGH.

Two cockheads try and break my car in one day. First one probably just wanted my MP3 Headunit and the other one just had to see if he could break it instead of just giving me his opinion on it.

So I then went to my personal fav. panel beaters in my area - Mandrake's Paint and Panel. I was greeted with smiles and after a short wait their main techny dude by the name of SCOTT came out to have a look at it. I showed him what I thought I could do with it and he simply said "let's try it"

So he brought his tools and undid the 4 screws holding the glass onto the rails. I pushed on the glass a little bit and aligned it into position while he did the screws up again.

That was it - Perfect. Sunroof was back to normal. All of 5 minutes work.

He then proceeded to tell me how to fix the doddgey bonnet gap my micra has. He reckons I just have to move the hinge down a bit further and showed me how to do it properly (first you align the bonnet with the black rubber stoppers and then with the grille out you push the latch up and tighten the bolts holding it to the radiator crossmember.

He didnt even charge me for his time spent with me.

What a legend. I wish there were more people around who valued his customers (even potential ones) like Scott did. A big thumbs up to Mandrake's Paint and Panel at Cleveland.

And thats my story of how little effort it takes for someone to right the wrongs of others. Please excuse me while I run down to give the cockhead service manager at Cleveland Nissan an earfull and Scott a cold 6 pack of Crownies.

cisco

» CMF Member
Hooray for Scott.

Now, why and who wanted to break into your car? That's the scary part.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I dont know but the only thing I can think of with people in my area is the headunit.

There was nothing else on show for them and people in my area rarely appreciate cars like the Micra.

CMF_1300supers

» CMF Member
YES Scott is the man

well i m with a problem in my sunroof also, its a small piece that pulls it back broken... well my mechanic did try is best and also relocate the glass but when he saw the broken piece... man that really drives me crazy, cause i'm always so careful.

so guys watch out with pulling back sunroof

cheers

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Alex what you have said there sounds VERY dodgey. Haha

As for the things which pull back the sunroof - if you can get a replacment for it, DO IT ASAP.

IT will be stressing other components which may also break.

If you want something for your sunroof here in australia nissan no longer orders individual parts. You have to purchase a whole new bolt in sunroof package!

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Why do you think they are called Mandrake's. Think about it. I have been there for a small smash repair many years ago, when I went to pick up the car it wasn't quite ready and was getting late, cold and dark, the guy there took his jumper off and wrapped it round my shoulders. I must have looked cold or something. Yes service above and beyond the call of duty, thats Mandrakes. Perhaps Akuma could go there for a quote for his bonnet, not only do they look after their customers, they know how to restore a car to its original condition. Not since my father sold his panel beating business, have I seen anyone who comes close. Yeh Cisco...they need to be inducted into the Good Guys Hall of Fame. :) As for the Nissan Dealership cockheads, well that's a story for another day, another time.

Attachments

• 10132.jpg
    10132.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 40

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Tom, a word of advice. Don't leave your sunroof open at all when your cars unattended, this just leaves an invitation for assholes to throw stuff in there, as in my case, a lit cigarette, which burnt the leather seat in my BMW.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Argh. Tilting the sunroof is absolutely fantastic. The car is so much cooler when I get back to it!

Hmm. The shade does slide closed when it is tilted open.. *ponders vents*

Back