The sound of a Janspeed

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
I am planing to get a Janspeed catback in the new year and if one comes up, a manifold which will pretty much complete my car for just now.

What does the exhaust actually sound like? I dont want something that roars on the motorway, but something that gives a nice racey tone to it that can atleast be heard.

Does anyone have any sound/video files that let the sound of the exhaust be heard from inside and outside?

It might sound daft but if it sounds cack then I will just save up for a stainless custom system.

cant help with the janspeed, im afraid...tho i do have a vid clip of the powerflow catback...ive got on mine...tho probably slightly louder than your after.

solarice said:
cant help with the janspeed, im afraid...tho i do have a vid clip of the powerflow catback...ive got on mine...tho probably slightly louder than your after.

Wouldnt mind seeing it still, there is a powerflow retailer near me. How much was you catback? And hows the condition - I havent ehard great things from Powerflow??

from what i've heard of powerflow the work is good but its the service that sucks, in some of the branches.

my janspeed gives a nice rumble with low revs and roars away at high :) but with the manifold don't forget you'll get the janspeed rasp lol

Titch said:
I'm through in Glasgow on Sunday i think, if i'm about i'll give you a shout and take you out in mine :)

Will try and see if I can get into Glasgow then. Will probably only be available in the morning mind. Might be easier to meet somewhere say like Hamilton, about a 10 min drive from the centre. Can give the car a good caning there ;) Also got a mate who may be interested in coming along to have a look at your car if that would be ok.

Its not too loud at all, if you have everything else from the manifold to back-box sounds a bit like a fart.....

Powerflow dealer for me was fine...fitted properly, fast service etc...cant remember exact price as i bought back in feb, but i think they say price is different depending on what you want, so nothings fixed...suppose you can read into that how you like.

Ive upped a mp3 of it instead of the vid because for some reason it wont let me put it on...not a major issue as can only see the backbox anyway.

Attachments

• Solarice-PowerflowCatback.mp3
    503.4 KB · Views: 232
I have a full Janspeed stainless steel catback and the sound is great,

Nice rumble on tickover and when your flooring it sounds cool, went to London a few weeks back (from Derby) and there was no drone from the exhaust.

Uploading a file of the 'rasp' of the exhaust note wont get you the true sound, best to be up close!!

Good luck anyway, I fully recommend Janspeed - I just need to get a manifold and a dcat to complete the set!!!

scottish-sr said:
Thanks for that file, it sounds nice. What backbox did you get as thats what gives it the nice sound.

jap style straight cut...tho i will admit i chose it on looks, the sound is a bonus :)

it can be heard inside the car tho...nothing to loud just enough, with a bit more when you press the pedal...but then i like it like that.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, I now have a video file of what a full Janspeed system sounds like - i.e. Mine :D

Just incase anyone else wonders, the car is still running standard induction...for now.

Will need quicktime to play it as its a 3gp file.

Attachments

• Micra Rev.3gp
    136.2 KB · Views: 209
scottish-sr said:
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, I now have a video file of what a full Janspeed system sounds like - i.e. Mine :D

Just incase anyone else wonders, the car is still running standard induction...for now.

Will need quicktime to play it as its a 3gp file.

dosent sound like its running a manifold though?

Back