The most disgusting thing ive ever smelt

esha

Ex. Club Member
Been having issues with the car for a few weeks every time i start her up. After about 30secs i get a waft of sum hideous smell (the missus said it smelt like cat poo & litter!) that then goes away, i checked things like the water thinking it may have gone nasty but that was fine, then checked the air filter to see if someone had been a pain in the arse and pushed something down there but clean as a whistle, not surprising as i never smelt anything with the fans on.
Gave up the search for a while until a few days ago when i happened to be noseing around in the engine bay when i caught a whiff of the smell again, at which point i knocked the cover off the windscreen washer tank and was greeted by the smell of a thousand accumulated eggy farts! :sick: Or to put it a better way it smelt more like someone had kept rotten fish in it for a few months then used it to filter human waste, i have never been so close to wretching my a***hole up in my entire life!

haha i had washer fluid that went like that for no reason at all too!! god knows what causes it. i got so sick of it in the end i just sat there and drained it all in one go (whilst holding my breath)... not recommended though as you can damage the pumps doing that

You can remove the bottle by taking the driver side wheel arch out and taking it out, then i'd suggest emptying it and cleaning it out, whilst trying to keep the contents of your stomach where it is!!!!

Yea thats the way i had to do it, take the wheel arch out, the worst part was taking the hoses off and getting all the fluid over my hands, i was just retching constantly, the only thing i can think of is that the alcohol content must have gone from the fluid and the water just went stale, so nasty water mixed with old perfume in the fluid making up one god-awful smell, a few flushes through with boiling hot soapy water and it smelt better but i dont think the smellsa ever going to go! and im certainly never going to forget it!

Back