Another funny thing discovered about the blue monster

cisco

» CMF Member
I was opening the passenger side door today and I heard a really bad annoying rattle. Then I could wiggle the door and get it to go click click click! Damn that's annoying!

So I pulled the door apart.

Found this mystery linkage just dangling from one end but not attached to anything at the other end. I was stumped because I couldn't see anything for it to hook onto.

So I pulled shortcake's door apart to compare. Damn what do you know, Shortcake has a passenger side key lock! Bluey does not. After further inspection, I've found that bluey's door has had the lock removed and the whole plated up before respraying. Someone has deliberately removed the lock mechanism. So funny! But they didn't remember to remove the dangling linkage. Idiots!

So anyway I got the whole mechanism out and removed the redundant linkage. Greased up parts of the mechanism to help it move freely and try to minimize rattles. Have since re-installed and no rattle. Think it might have the bad rattle in the door also at certain rpm. So I will go do some tests and see if its fixed that.. yay!

What a car of mysteries :) I think that's the last one that I know of now.

cisco

» CMF Member
I've noticed that it didn't have that side key thing.

But I guess knowing that the rattle was due to that was the missing link. That it was like a half finished job until now.

I have always wondered why my car didn't have a lock there, but whitey did. But because it didn't bother me (actually I prefer it), I never bothered to think about it any further. hahah. Its one less lock that is there to be tampered with and damaged by scum bags. Because of central locking etc, I don't need it.

Back