• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Longboat - Taking a K11 around the world

Ladies and Gentlemen, in August I set on a round the world trip in my trusty 1.0L K11... it's called the Global Convoy or on Facebook. A trip designed to take the cheapest car possible and drive around the world, with the smallest amount of money and not really any idea. We are currently in Mexico having crossed Europe, Russia, Central Asia and North America. With only the smallest of things going wrong with The Longboat, things have been plain sailing most of the time...

I'm really struggling to get parts for the car, as K11 Micras or Marchs where never introduced into the Americas. I have the fairly notorious fuel economy issue, the driver side CV Axle is on it's way out, the gearbox is getting a little rough, the rear and front main seals are leaking oil, along with sump seal and I' m pretty sure that the piston rings might have started to degrade. I have botched so much out of this car already, but there comes a point where it can not be botched anymore by mad mechanics in Russia. If anyone has any suggestions with places I can get parts or any kind help at all it would be most appreciated.

When this was taken in Kazakhstan the only modifications from stock (not including replacing new items)
  • Extra fog lights
  • Complete new audio system including speakers
  • A shopping trolley
Current modifications now also include:
  • Raised suspension front and back
  • Welded Roof rack
IMG_9698.jpg

Back