K11 1.0 CVT Sluggish Taking away

Hi all,just joined as i have been having some problems with my Micra,and wondered if there are any experts on here that can help me.The car is a 2000 K11 Micra 1.0 CVT,and the problem is that it is very slow to pull away when coming to a stop,and then taking away without a few seconds pause.When slowing down,and coming to a complete stop,then pausing for a few seconds,the car takes away normally,but without the pause it is very sluggish at first.The car changes up and down fine,reverse is fine also.It seems as if the car doesn't change down to first quickly enough when it should.

I bought a scanner to check for fault codes,but it says that none are stored.I also tried the self diagnostic test which is supposed to bring the CVT light on for you to determine the code,but my CVT light never came on.I have been told by a mechanic that the car is most likely in ''Limp mode''.Can anyone help me with what might be wrong with the car.Many thanks in advance.

Wont be in limp mode (highly unlikely). May need setting up/service. (engine and gearbox)

Back