• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Life of BabyBlue

aye :) thats the fronts but mines special I have back doors too :p and a pretty blue centre console. Who's car is that squarepants?

was raceworxs car, until he wrote it off! it had coilovers, whiteline antiroll bars,straight through exhaust with NO boxes was mad loud! espicially going down the motorway you could even speak to eachother, hence the intercome system, although when i went init i never got to use them :( lol

was an awsome car!

oh it sounds great! least you got to see it before it went. hmm all my pictures seem to have gone from the first page?

WHOO HOO my student loan just went in so alloys in the next week or so!!! Have to decide if i want 45s or 50s, im not lowering the car so I think 50s will fill the arches better.

oh it sounds great! least you got to see it before it went. hmm all my pictures seem to have gone from the first page?

WHOO HOO my student loan just went in so alloys in the next week or so!!! Have to decide if i want 45s or 50s, im not lowering the car so I think 50s will fill the arches better.

is it just me or is student loans supposed to be spent on uni, or have i just misunderstood them :p :p :D

techincally yes :p but i have been given an extra £525 ontop of my usual loan so Im using that to buy the alloys and technically not using any of my loan :D

Firstly thanks to Kenny for helpin me out with the filter and to Ian for giving me it :grinning:

DSC01070.jpg

Heres some pictures of my sexy rims fitted yesterday
DSC01069.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01076.jpg

cheers for the comments... im going to be super careful i tend not to park next to curbs i bump up onto them cos my judgement is so bad. next plan is to colourcode the bumpers and bump strips I dont want rid of them cos i like the swooshy design. Colourcoding is getting done when the car goes in to have the nice deng on the rear arch repaired.

Looks like Im going to have to re-do my blog as I moved my pictures in photobucket and they have all gone. Anyone know how to set all the images in your photobucket to be the same size without deleting and re-uploading?

you can edit the photo's individually.. not sure if you can do it as a group, but it saves you deleting and re-uploading ;)

Not an update as such but Iv decided to tint my windows just trying out some possibilities. Forgive the photoshopping im not on form today lol. Personally i think the blue ones look pretty cool

black.jpg

silva.jpg

bluetinit.jpg

Blue ones look cool, But illegal, they have to allow 35% of light in via the front windows.

Back is fine.

Also, Sort that dent :p

Yea I know i cant get the fronts done, just a photoshop to see what people think. The dent is getting sorted once the comp claim money is through from the guy who hit me grr

(Y) cheers on the comments, love your car napster so a compliment from you is cool. My only concern (i think too much) is that 1. resale will be harder with the blue tints even if they are cool/original, and 2. they look a bit chavvy.

Any more ideas are more than welcome.

love your car napster so a compliment from you is cool.

1. thanks for your comments on my car
2. made me feel light a bad guy :down: as in, not giving enough compliments where its due! im sorry! hopefully im not portraid as a meany :down:

2. made me feel light a bad guy :down: as in, not giving enough compliments where its due! im sorry! hopefully im not portraid as a meany :down:

You definetly don't come across as a meanie as I don't think everyone would love and comment on ur car so much! :grinning:

Dont be silly Napster! I meant like my cars pretty standard compared to your so if you think its lookin good then that make me :grinning:

Dont be silly Napster! I meant like my cars pretty standard compared to your so if you think its lookin good then that make me :grinning:

well please forgive my stupidity lol, although i was joking :laugh: !!!
standard!!!!!! all micras where standard at first mate!!! ur getting there!! lovely alloys, nice colour blue k11!!

keep it up!!!
naps

Well Iv been toying with the idea of tints for a while what do we think to the graduated blue/black on the rear window only and ordinary black tints on the rear quarters? I think this is more original (maybe) and looks a damn site better. £185 is the only quote so far, I have 4 other places to call though.

tinny.jpg

I think I will, its a bit different just havin the back one done :thumbsup: Just gotta get some quotes in and some money.

Those wheels are niiiiiiiiiice! Get it slammed by at least 40mm, colour code the bumper strips, lose the yellow/orange stickers and blacken out the door pillars between the front and back doors. Id just have dark plain tints meself but each to thier own. If you had blueish tints they would have to be exactly the same hue or it would look silly. :)

Those wheels are niiiiiiiiiice! Get it slammed by at least 40mm, colour code the bumper strips, lose the yellow/orange stickers and blacken out the door pillars between the front and back doors. Id just have dark plain tints meself but each to thier own. If you had blueish tints they would have to be exactly the same hue or it would look silly. :)

Cheers Robb, I have to agree i love my sexy rims. Im getting the whole car colourcoded when it goes in for repair cos i get it a lot lot cheaper.

Orange stickers I looked at pulling off but the paint under one of them is a seriously different colour and I dont know how to blend it.

Im not slamming it thats why I have 50's on instead of 45's. Id do it if i could lower it a little but not as far as 35mm. I agree on the blue it would need to match Ill see when I take it in what they have on offer its not getting done until at least May.

Strange about your stickers, i had a blue ally and the ally badge on the boot had been there for 7 years and you couldnt tell once it had been removed. :) I colour coded the strips meself, they were just small enough to not notice the crappy finish i did with the laquer!

Ok so 40mm+ is a bit ott with your wheels but looking at your pics you should be able to whack 35mm springs on with no rubbing probs.

Excuse the crappy 'shoppin'

babyrblue.jpg

Also if you have any black electrical tape its just the right width to stick over the centre bars of the chrome grills, totally transforms them :)

the bump strips i can get done by a pro when its being repaired, good idea on the grill Im getting one off jim_bling with mesh in it so that will be going soon. What happened to your blue car? The springs are tempting... and the tints... and a full exhaust system, de cat and manifold.. but money is a big problem.

sold it was only a 1.0 :( i wish i could have held onto it now and get someone to do a 1.6 conversion on it grr be a proper vtr killer then! Hold onto yours its easily the best colour they came in, you can make it look like Nis' then :)

omg i love Nis' I was actually going to leave the micra club after uni and get a twin turbo black MR2. I think someone is taking the water cos there was one parked next to me at uni this morning.

Aweome pics!!!!!! i wish i had better locations to take photos!!!

you still going to spray the inside of your headlights? as i think that would look lovely front the front! i just sprayed some facelift ones up in black and in my opinion makes any k11.......look mean!!

thanks napster Id ask for a hand if you werent so far away! yes Iv might spray them black I think I was looking at a blue/white/crystal theme but ill see how it looks. Attached a pic is this where you spray them?

Attachments

• lights .jpg
    lights .jpg
    631.5 KB · Views: 258
Black all the way! that looks sweet!!! but its your choice if you spray them blue inside!
yeah thats exactly where you spray them. i would have lent a hand but abit far away! its really not that difficult and there is a guide on here!! i can run it through with you but if i had a set of facelifts id do it for you and send them to you!

Black all the way! that looks sweet!!! but its your choice if you spray them blue inside!
yeah thats exactly where you spray them. i would have lent a hand but abit far away! its really not that difficult and there is a guide on here!! i can run it through with you but if i had a set of facelifts id do it for you and send them to you!

Yes definate shame your too far away or Id have a set to you tomorrow. I might leave them looking at the guide Im not too grand with taking bits off the car and I dont think Id know how to unfit and refit them.

1 screw.......2bolts......go on :p lol

took me around 15minutes to remove and refit the new lights!!

i will go scrap yard and see what i can find.......maybe able todo you a deal :) but you dont have to except!!! i would do the tricky bit for you....as in spray them...you just need to remove old lights and fit new ones!!

but no offence taken if you say no and i may not find some facelift headlights for a while!!!

sorry
naps

lol yep kenny! you are my willing mechanic, human wrench, magnet and g-clamp :grinning:

Firstly HUGGGE thanks to kenny (jim_bling) and his willin pal fuzzy for bein the runaround.

ok so im totally flooding my blog but it is mine to flood.. UPDATE finally with some crappy 'i cant be bothered to wash my car' pics. Ill get some decent ones when she gets washed and waxed.

DSC01462.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

DSC01468.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

DSC01461.jpg

Back