50's or 45's

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Ok so my loan finally came through and Im going to get my Lenso's on saturday. I have a few options as far as tyres go.

195/45/15
195/50/15
175/60/15 (if i remember correctly the 'euro look' he called it)

So a few questions:
I know a lot of people go for the 45's but Im not planning on lowering the car at all so thought will the 50's work better to fill the arches more?

Will the 50's rub I often have 3 people in the car?

The euro look, Im thinking on a Jap car will look silly but any thoughts on this? Im thinking small and chunky is the best way to go.

Just for anyone who hasnt read my blog these are the wheels Im getting.

294.jpg

45's give the best overall diameter - closest to standard. but you'll be fine with 50's on, as you said, they'll fill the arches beter, not as harsh a ride and the added bonus of 'em being cheaper ;)

Imo the 45's will look way to small on a car thats not lowerd, go for 50s. My tyres are 205/45/17 but a really small footprint so the tyres do
This- / \ instead of
This- | | Really good if your going to slam the car to the floor as the archs miss the tyres but makes them quite expensive.

ok great thanks for the opinions, will the ride be bumpier going from standard to alloys with 50's on? and has anyone had any rubbingwith 50's?

ok great thanks for the opinions, will the ride be bumpier going from standard to alloys with 50's on? and has anyone had any rubbingwith 50's?

i don't think you'd notice that much with 50's on. raceworx had 50's on his coilover'd micra and that was stupidly low, with no rubbing on the rear and very little on the front on full lock iirc. but it'll all depend on what offset the alloys are.

Back