• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Life of BabyBlue

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Baby blue started out life like this..

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/danimicra8/Copyofdaniellecar.jpg

Usual Micra crazy orange interior with a blue car.

I took some pictures of her ICE

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/danimicra8/DSC00802.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/danimicra8/DSC00810.jpg

And then after a well needed wash some pictures of her exterior

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/danimicra8/DSC00854.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/danimicra8/DSC00853.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/danimicra8/DSC00850.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/danimicra8/DSC00848.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/danimicra8/DSC00847.jpg

After some careful photoshopping I have changed the headlights... let me know what u think, black or blue or original. I had to do these as attachments as photobucket is being a pain.

Ill be posting some more pics of the interior paint job soon :)

All images exceed forum limits of 800x600

Attachments

• itsamockup.jpg
    itsamockup.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 313
  • its amockup2.jpg
    its amockup2.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 328
Ok update time. I realised I forgot to add on what I have for her already.

Im hoping to get some 15's in the near future (2nd hand as I cant afford new ones)

A rocker cover which should look something like this...

IMG014.jpg

Some 3way Pioneer 6x9's which I went to take a picture of and then broke one camera and lost the other.grr

Im after some clear side repeates and rear LED lights. Im also looking to lower her around 35mm but I dont want to sacrifice ride quality if I can help it so might be looking at a full suspension kit.

Let me know what you think to the headlights and any other ideas about things I can do :)

Im also looking to lower her around 35mm but I dont want to sacrifice ride quality if I can help it so might be looking at a full suspension kit.

even lowering springs on there own make the micra handle far better over standard! 35mm or over will make your rear axle go on the p### but will be ok, this can be sorted with an uparted panhard rod not a big deal and still will be fine without. mines been on 35mm with a std panhard rod for 2years without any proplems!

as for the headlights blue is a diffrent oppose to black like most people do (like myself :p), as said on another thread i reckon white or black wheels will suit.

I dont fully understand the panhard business, I think Ill work on the accessories before i go into anyitng major, its a huge learning curve for me. Ill see what wheels I can get, I was going against white ones as theres nothing else white on the car. i fancied doing the interior white its a bit of a job at the moment.

Well I decided to do some work on the car as this blog isnt going anywhere at the moment. Iv sprayed the interior, sanded down first with some wet/dry sand paper and washed clean, left it to dry and primed it with some plastic primer.

That was about 2 weeks ago, I just today put the first 2 coats of some metallic blue on and I must say it looks MINT. I have some lacquer and possibly another coat of paint to go on later but here are the pictures :)

Attachments

• DSC00846.JPG
    DSC00846.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 310
  • DSC00864.jpg
    DSC00864.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC00810.jpg
    DSC00810.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 348
Another update got the centre console fitted.

Work in progress
DSC00868.jpg

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00881.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

Just got the door cards to do and some 6x9's to go in. These are the ones I have
DSC00855.jpg

Ordering some alloys tomorrow whoo hoo.

blue leatherette/material I think. I thought about something radical like black material and doing the plastics blue but I think thats a bit crazy :)

Well alloy plan went outa the window when I did my finances and realised I cant afford them til Jan when I get my next loan through. I have however decided to do the door cards blue material so once I have that bought Ill be posting pics. Ill stick a pic up of the alloys I want though....
rs5-425x425.jpg

yes they are :) thanks for commenting I was beginning to think nobody cared about baby blue :( lol. Hopefully I can get the alloys in Jan with my student loan and the numberplate with a settlement im hoping for.

Im not sure about colourcoding the grills you mean in blue too?

Yeah in blue. I did mine to match my car and IMO it looked so much better.
Is the number plate legal? I thought you couldn't change the font?

erm thats something i will have to check I have seen cars with fonts you can hardly read, when I order it I will ask about the font and the spacing, thats one I made up from a plate constructor. Id quite like to mesh the grills iv not thought about colouring them. If you had a pic of your blue one id like to see though.

I think Ill stick with the silver but its a thought for future to try out. Changed the numberplate pic rang the DVLA and apparently you cant change the font either :( sucks.

looks good technicaly you can`t change the font anything from the standard one or alter any spacing but my private reg has been spaced illegaly for about two months now and i haven`t been pulled by the police yet ( allways keep the standard plates in the car though) it`s upto you though just thought i`d let you know the way it looked in thepic it can still be read easily so can`t see any problems

yea they say you cant change it i wouldnt want to get caught its £80 fine so Id rather just leave it even thought it would look better being D4N V H and be more accurate but nevermind.. bloomin laws. Long as its readable it would be ok.

Ok peeps I got my leatherette for the inside of the car I spent a lil while in photoshop doing a mock up of what i wanna achieve, any hints/tips/ideas please let me know. Excuse the pants background blurring.

gggg.jpg

Car looks mint, you are doing a lovely job there :)

Regarding the number plate, new MOT laws require you to have the plates correctly spaced and with a legal font (only 1 font but there are 3 versions of that font) and also you need to have the post code of the garage that done the plates.

They are clamping down on it :(

The way around it is to have the originals on for MOT and keep them in the boot. If you get pulled over by the Police say you have them and they should let you change them there and then without fining you.

Thank you :) I cant wait for the new wheels and things now they look fab on the photoshop.

The plate on both pictures has been changed to the standard british font with the correct spacing so I shouldnt have any problems.

alloys, lowered, clear repeaters, colourcoded bumper strips/grills/handles, debadged and debumpstripped.

All really simple, won't cost much (bar the wheels), and would look shaweet!

how much are the alloys? iv'e got tsw heats (16") on mine at the moment, but want to down size to 15", really really like those alloys look spot on for a micra, you deffo need to get them!!

they are from a local place in Whitley Bay for £410 with tyres balanced and fitted with wheel nuts. You can get them online at POTN.com or alloywheels.com for around 450-475. They are Lenso RS5's.

Thanks for the list robert I think ill do a compromise I love the grill but I think Ill borrow the idea of the bumper strips, hear back today if the fella who hit my car is going to settle, if he does whoo hooo if not court next year :(

With the whole theme of the car seeming blue and clear has anyone seen clear lights on a blue micra? Maybe clear LED's dont know if they are possible.

Cheers joel but I kinda like them as they are for now, might look at painting them later on ill get the mods in the photoshop done first and see where to go from there.

A few pictures i took in newcastle today and a really pants mockup of some clear rear lights, trying to decide if I want them or not.

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

DSC00897.jpg

And here we have my most pants photoshopping yet.
crapphoto.jpg

pants.jpg

clear lights look cool, but i'd get a prefacelift boothandle and colourcode it,
It doesnt have the nissan badge ;)

cheers for the opinion on the lights :) any bodywork will be done later but I like how the back of yours looks with the prefacelift handle on. I am colourcoding but Im gettin my back bumper resprayed so I might as well leave it and let them do it.

Yeah i think the clear lights would suit it. They aren't made anymore so you'l have to get hold of a second hand set.

theres some on ebay at the moment but I think they might need some tinkering as they are for prefacelift, is £40 and £15 postage a fair price?

Clear lights were one option and then i thought about a smoked look so smoked indicator, gunmetal wheels instead of the bright silver and smoked rear lights, along with some of the most pants photoshopping.

Leatherette arrived yesterday so Ill be recovering the doors at some point. Did have a picture of the massive roll but I cant find it.
finalcarsmokecopy.jpg

smokeyjoe.jpg

Well i think its time for an update since I actually got some things done on the car. Many thanks to Mr Jim Bling for helping me with the sidelights and the gear knob :)

Stickered up and new gear knob
DSC01005.jpg

DSC00998.jpg

DSC00989.jpg

Clear side repeaters and some new pics
DSC01000.jpg

DSC00995.jpg

DSC00990.jpg

Personally i think this looks MINT.
minnnt.jpg

finally got one door card done.. didnt realise quite how tricky it can be... ah well Im happy with the result only 3 left to go and 12ft of material left.

DSC01014.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

looks like a canny job :)

rear lights wise if you dont fancy all clear there are other styles about, mainly in japan but one is all red with a clear/white strip running through the middle...not 100% on fitting issues etc but probably same kinda deal youd have fitting the white ones.

iv not seen the japan ones but they sound cool, cheers for the comments guys, as soon as my loan comes in the Lenso's are getting bought whoop whoop.

Retepetsir are they multi fit like if i bought another car they might well fit on them? As far as I can see they look it?

The first ones are standard jdm versions -- i was originally after those, just havent totally decided. Those are the easiest to find -- but need to be creative when fitting), and i think the others ones are the second most common... :)

to help make it even harder for you (lol) theres also the taiwan led versions...which you may have seen as jim_blings got them fitted.

oh and good luck with the conversion lol.

Back