the law regarding flush tailgate?

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
right, ive decided i want a flush boot but what is the law on this? my points are:
1. do you have to have light shinging on reg?
2. would it affect M.O.T at all?
3. are square reg plates illegal on cars?

and does insurance go up much? i told me dad n i got lectured on the law etc so i thought id research it first :D

any help is helpful guys, thanks!

you dont have to have lights on the number plate, just have the number plate lit, in fact its illegal to have any thing on the number plate apart from possibly a flag - oh and most importantly make sure you have a mechanism for opening the boot, be it the lever down the drivers side or a solenoid or summit unlike some people cough cough *titch*

square plates ARE legal. They are standard fit on many land rovers! Motorbike font size is NOT legal on a non imported car.

and yes you do need to inform youre insurance company as you are modifying it from the manufacturers std spec

Ed said:
square plates ARE legal. They are standard fit on many land rovers! Motorbike font size is NOT legal on a non imported car.

sketch said:
nNO square plates are not illegal - motorbike onesa are though.

Arent you just reitterating what he already said?

big ben said:
you dont have to have lights on the number plate, just have the number plate lit, in fact its illegal to have any thing on the number plate apart from possibly a flag...

i think it was pretty obvious he meant light shining on the plate and not lights physicaly attached to the plate

Big_ben said:
Arent you just reitterating what he already said?

No, He edited it after what i said

" Last edited by sketch : Today at 12:36 AM."

Ed

Wayne told me that you had your boot smoothed, then realised you had no way of opening it

No no no!! Ask Danni, she was there when wayne put the button in for me. *slap*

It was done before i got my boot done :)Also - it was wayne that did it for me mate, but thnk its jst a case of putting the solenoid in the right place to the boot

sketch i got informed by my insurance company that any changes to the bodywork of the car no matter how small should be noted on your insurance policy??

Back