Cheap car for the Gfriend!

D

Djdr1veB1

Hey guy's and Gals!!!

My lovely (most of the time) Girlfriend is after a new car, she currently has a D reg K10 which is very sound however she has decided shee wants a newer style car! I personally quite like her car obviously being a K10 and will def be trying to pinch her door cards!

The thing is as we are both students i can't afford to help her much and she only works part time in a pub so are on a tight budget!!! Now to the point!!!

Does anyone know which models are gonna be suitable... the requirements are more modern than the K10 (pref newer than L reg) with basic mod cons a sleekish shape (girle car ideal), cheap insurance/tax etc and a fair MPG, reasonable mileage (not expecting miracles but need to know it's gonna last her through uni!) i've done a trawl but could perhaps do with a fresh perspective! Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Secondly does anyone on here have a car that sounds like it could fit the description??? Main criteria as above as cheap as possible - could be a chance to shift a second car quickly and to a good home!

Cheers for any advice! Feel free to Pm or reply here!!

Depends how "cheap" you mean. You could buy a cheap car but then spend lots keeping it roadworthy or buy a slightly more expensive one and it may not cost you as much in the long run. I think that you really have to have a good look at any car and try to find out as much about its history as possible. Old reciepts are a good way to verify what work has been done to a car. Sometimes just pot luck though. :confused:

''after a new car, she currently has a D reg K10 which is very sound however she has decided shee wants a newer style car!''

Exactly the reason I bought my new car...lol

Id definitly suggest a K11. At the end of the day, if you buy something cheap, chances are it'l be a shed, wont get through the MOT etc etc. sometimes its best to save and get something a little bit more expensive. Will probably be alot nicer and save you money in the long run

Back