Law regarding Number plates.

B

Ben

Number plates. I've been looking for a new number plate for a while and the cheapest i have come across with my name in so far is around £900. However, i was driving behind a car today and the wife must have been called Maxine n her reg was something along the lines of M4X1NC but she had the number plate screw thing in the middle of the C so it looked like an E. Just had a look on reg trabsfers and they have a few of BCN so was wondering is it againt the law to stick the bolt in the middle of the C because it would then look like it said BEN

if you do that and they pull you,,they will tell you to use a white/yellow one instead of a black one

also be carefull of wer you put your space

im looking at one atm,,,R16K SR,,it should red R16 KSR annd ill put a screw on the 6 so it reads R1CK SR!!!

its upto you mate,,its not right tho lol

Yeah they are quite strict with this. As far as I know by law you aren't allowed to make you reg plate look like anything other than what it is, the spacing must be correct, and the plate that you get cannot be any older than the car original registration plate. Its all about misrepresentation really. :)

micra man said:
Yeah they are quite strict with this. As far as I know by law you aren't allowed to make you reg plate look like anything other than what it is, the spacing must be correct, and the plate that you get cannot be any older than the car original registration plate. Its all about misrepresentation really. :)
the plate can be older,,not newer lol

cant make the car look newer than wot it is

RIK said:
if you do that and they pull you,,they will tell you to use a white/yellow one instead of a black one

also be carefull of wer you put your space

im looking at one atm,,,R16K SR,,it should red R16 KSR annd ill put a screw on the 6 so it reads R1CK SR!!!

its upto you mate,,its not right tho lol

if you put a screw on the 6 wont it just look like a 8

ben i think rik means a yellow one one the back and white on the front over the middle bit...

cops round mani are quite strict on this, mate gets pulled time after time he just gave up and spaced em correctly...

my mate's called dan chapman has a priv plate D19 NCH, he dun it like D19N CH (the 1 n 9 close together to look like an A) been pulled again tonight for it i think, ive never spoke to im, just drove past) so ill find out, its about £1000 fine and 6 points i think? probs rong there, please correct me :D

i can tell u its £30 on the spot fine :p lol ######s! u pay 4 a private plate u should b able to display it anyhow but anyway its for the plate recognition cameras cant read ur plate or so they told me blah blah n also if it happens(gets reported to dvla) more than 3 times ur car becomes a Q plate n it devalues the car n in some cases can even take back the plate

My plate is S111 NSB and its spaced like S111NS B also got S111N BB

been tailed by police loads of times and never been stopped but I think if you mess about with the screw fixings and place them over the numbers then its highly that you will get stopped!

My dad has S111 NKW and his is spaced out to S111N KW but he used a marker pen!!!! yes a marker pen to put a dot in between the 1st two one's and my mum got stopped!!
Muy mum made out she could not speak english and the police told her to change it and let her go!!!

to be frank, no one knows what they mean but it looks coOl when all our family has very similar plates.

This is what we have, and cost us £250 each from dvla!!
S111NS B
S111N BB
S111N KW
S111N KT
S111N WH
S111N WL

Our last name is SHIN!

Attachments

• IMG_2911.jpg
    IMG_2911.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 259
I think it depends on how much you alter it and how the copper feels at the time. Mine is just mis-spaced and being an import is allowed to use smaller (motorcycle size) characters and i've had no problems...yet.

pict1852.jpg

i found L33 RHY on dvla but dont have £250 lol my name is lee n me nikname is richie L33 RHY :D
n by the looks of it, its been sold :(

MICRASKYLINE said:
There is a skyline with NI5MO about and I think it is owned by a guy named KiKi.
Correct me if I'm wrong!

I could be wrong but I think Andy Middlehurst used to have N1 SMO

i had been followed 10million times b4 but usually just let me pass until one day i was around the corner from home n they pulled me i only had mis-spaced letter no dodgy fonts or dodgy screws ive seen people make an 8 into a H even a 1 n 7 into h lol

MICRASKYLINE said:
There is a skyline with NI5MO about and I think it is owned by a guy named KiKi.
Correct me if I'm wrong!

not sure on his name but there is a red skyline in Godalming, surrey, which i think has this plate or it might be N15SMO but its in jaggerd font,
chris

yeah, but i dont break the law :), when possible

If breaking the law means punching a female thief in the head, so be it :D

Back