Got pulled the other day.

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

On Tuesday, I was driving back to work at dinner time in my K10. I stopped at the lights at the cross-roads (I was first in the que), and there was a traffic cop at the front of the que to the left of me, waiting to go across my path.

I was aware that he was there, so didn't do anything stupid (ie: Set off to quickly... in their eyes).

Anyway, I pulled away, and he was still waiting at the lights. I went past him through the cross roads, and proceeded to carry on down the road to pull into my works car-park.

Next thing, I hear the usual 'pull over' siren. I didn't take it on the first time, and drove a few more yards and put my right indicator on to pull into Middlehurst. Next thing I hear it again, and I see the copper in my mirror tail-gating me flashing his headlights, roof lights, and going from left to right with his indicators.

I then pulled up on the left (Directly in front of my work! ). They both got out the car, and walked to me. I put my drivers window down, and the conversation went like this:

Officer: Good evening sir.
Me: .............

Officer: Is this your car?
Me: Yeah.

Officer: Are you aware that you are driving around with illigal number plates on.

(Middlehurst Motorsport GT-R ones, as on the UK Skylines... and my R32.)

Me: No, I wasn't.

Officer: Yes, they are illegal.
Me: I didn't think they were. I have been informed that these are perfectly legal, and these are on all of the Skyline's that Middlehurst sell.

Officer: Who told you that, your boss?
Me: No, everybody in work...

Officer: Are you a mechanic at this garage?
Me: Yeah

Officer: Well your plates are illegal. They have the wrong spacing in-between them.
Me: I don't think they are, if you go and have a look at that blue car over there, that probably has the same plates on as mine.

*He Looks over*

Officer: Are you also aware that your tinted windows are illegal?
Me: No

(I couldn't be bothered arguing with him about the windows aswell. They are perfecly legal, as they are only the 3 back windows tinted in limo black... but couldn't be arsed saying anything).

Officer: Is this vehicle taxed?
Me: Yeah

*He, and his pal on the left of my car proceed to walk round the front... and look at my tax disc*

He then came back and said "Yes it is".

Officer: Ok then, I won't give you a ticket. Just to let you know they are illegal! Have a good day sir.

They were both eying my car up too! His pal was walking all the way around, and he was looking my car up and down inside and out too.

Now what I would really like to know, is how he spotted my plates. We were at cross roads at the time, and he was on the left waiting to go across my path from left to right. He couldn't have possibly seen my plates, and he went through a red light just to pull me over for them!

They really pissed me off though! It was also in MY dinner time, and to add insult to injury... they pulled me up literally in front of work!

A$$holes!

-Elliot

they have a habbit of doin this! ive been pulled for tail-lights that arnt out when i get out, for my tints which are fine, for the neons which are legal, have written proof from local traffic in glovebox, for the car zorst bein too loud, pullin away too far, goin round roundabouts too fast, 35mph in a 40? they jst couldnt keep with me so pulled me! idiots! lol!

they probably eyed your car up at the lights, saw it was modified and thought they could easily pick faults with it, so just waited for you to pull in front so they could look for anything possible to pick you up on!

Some guy in front of me at the traffic lights got pulled, about 15 minutes ago, lol. He didn't look like he was doing anything wrong. It was a pretty stock looking Primera, with a spoiler. The only thing they could have probably got this poor guy on was having his front fogs on.

Hi,

I know what you mean... but the thing is, mine are all perfectly legal. My number plates aren't illegal at all.

Both my Skyline and my K10 have exactly the same kind of plates on them. Sorry about the size of the pics. :)

IM000118.jpg

Im000247.jpg

And my tinted windows are legal too, as they are only the back windows. None of the front windows are tinted at all.

-Elliot

The skyline next door to me has a very similar rear number plate too

Here's the only picture i've got of it (He doesn't live next door - his girlfriend does):
[attachment=67]

Unlucky mate. Best thing to do is just ignore it and be aware fo what the ycould say next time. Most of them are ok and you just have to be pleasnat with them I guess. Tis very annoying though when they pull ya over for no real apparent reason!!! :S

Hi guys,

Hmm... I suppose that's one good reason of standard driving. :) I'm not really into big bodykits (unless it's Top secret/ do-luck/ veilside on performance cars). I prefer the subtle look on my cars, but my K10 does have a very loud exhaust... but doesn't mean it's barry. o_O

That pic you posted up of the white GTS looks to have the same kind of front number plate as mine. We don't sell GTS' at our work in the showroom, they are all GTR's. If we get any GTS' in, either one of us buy them... or they sell them to trade. :suspect: We always swap the number plates to the one's I have, before we sell them though.

I've been lucky for a very long time since I've fitted the exhaust, as it's the 1st time I've been pulled since fitting it. I have had about 10 police cars behind me since I've fitted the plates, and they have even been stopped behind me in ques... and they have never pulled me.

-Elliot

mate - they sounded as though they were not sure - most of the time u will walk away with a producer - but because u knew a bit about the law - they somewhat backed down - must have been bored or something

without looking at the no plates in person ive no idea bout the legality of them - but the window tints... any window forward of the B pilar tinted is illegal - anything behind is allowed to be blocked off...

well how cum me mum had all her car tinted apart from the front window. n she neva got pulled once for um

^^ cant see the point really - only if they were been complete arses (which i dont think they were - just time wasting) and starting dishing out points/fines here there and everywhere for no decent reason

Ive seen alot worse number plates than that!! ones that are barely visible when your standing next to the car!!!

By the way the DVLA have been putting through a process for years that allows Japanese import to use motorbike size numberplates. Send an email to the DVLA to see how far this has got. Many police dont know about this.

Back