The first chapter!

HASAN

micrarri power!!
I have bought my first Nissan micra k11 1.0 Passion on an 'R' reg.

This is the beginning of a long road ahead, it'll have bends, up hills, down hills and bumps. but itll be worth it in the end. Will post a picture later on tonight! :)

rypy8yta.jpg
uzedy2y9.jpg

Started off my work on the micra. Gave it a wash and a good polish! Also sprayed the bumpers/mud guards/wheels/grill matte black. Just little touches for the time being. Ordered a few pieces which should be here within the next two weeks

That's what I think..I want to change it to make it unique but not completely change it. I think subtle changed make a huge impression! Hoping to do the rear light tints in a few weeks and start on changing the interior a bit.

seeing as you asked mate il spurt out a list of mods i did to cars at your age,,,,not forgetting about insurance,if you do or you dont declare mods is entirely up to you but remember as soon as you change the appearance of the car your insurance could be void,,,in some cases this can include wacking a few stickers on your car,something to keep in mind,,,i was a bugger back when mcdonalds car parks was the place to be but ive learnt the hard way

haynes manual was the first thing i got for a new car,,,,you can remove/fit 99% of the car and it shows fault finding,maintenance and correct torque settings when refitting parts

full service including plugs,leads,filters,grease,oil everything mechanical,,,some cars loose a few bhp over time and if wanting to fit an airfilter and exhaust you want to be starting with a good engine

new discs,pads and check the brake lines,,,getting your brakes sorted or upgraded isnt just so you can stop quicker,it makes your car alot better to drive out on the twisty country roads and you feel alot safer as you dont get so many a55 in mouth moments,,,,,,,,,but it will happen,trust me,,brakes are good,keep them right

get your suspension and wheels setup,aligned,balanced and some decent tyres,maybe even a set of standard alloys,,,,its nothing like lowering a car 60-100mm but it makes a difference and gives abit more grip,again feels alot better when out on the twistys

you seem to be off to a good start with detailing/valeting,the list is endless what you could do to make your car look brand new in a weekend,,,clay bar,buffer,few touch ups with a few subtle mods,adds value if you come to sell

you could do all the above for a few 100 and have a mint car without affecting insurance,then when you come to fit a turbo,rollcage,coilovers or an ice install to pi55 the neighbours off you would have a perfect base for tuning,,,,,,,,,,all those times playing drum and bass in the driveway when fitting subs,amps and flashing lights,,ahh the days

seeing as you asked mate il spurt out a list of mods i did to cars at your age,,,,not forgetting about insurance,if you do or you dont declare mods is entirely up to you but remember as soon as you change the appearance of the car your insurance could be void,,,in some cases this can include wacking a few stickers on your car,something to keep in mind,,,i was a bugger back when mcdonalds car parks was the place to be but ive learnt the hard way

haynes manual was the first thing i got for a new car,,,,you can remove/fit 99% of the car and it shows fault finding,maintenance and correct torque settings when refitting parts

full service including plugs,leads,filters,grease,oil everything mechanical,,,some cars loose a few bhp over time and if wanting to fit an airfilter and exhaust you want to be starting with a good engine

new discs,pads and check the brake lines,,,getting your brakes sorted or upgraded isnt just so you can stop quicker,it makes your car alot better to drive out on the twisty country roads and you feel alot safer as you dont get so many a55 in mouth moments,,,,,,,,,but it will happen,trust me,,brakes are good,keep them right

get your suspension and wheels setup,aligned,balanced and some decent tyres,maybe even a set of standard alloys,,,,its nothing like lowering a car 60-100mm but it makes a difference and gives abit more grip,again feels alot better when out on the twistys

you seem to be off to a good start with detailing/valeting,the list is endless what you could do to make your car look brand new in a weekend,,,clay bar,buffer,few touch ups with a few subtle mods,adds value if you come to sell

you could do all the above for a few 100 and have a mint car without affecting insurance,then when you come to fit a turbo,rollcage,coilovers or an ice install to pi55 the neighbours off you would have a perfect base for tuning,,,,,,,,,,all those times playing drum and bass in the driveway when fitting subs,amps and flashing lights,,ahh the days

Thanks for that mate!! A lot of information exactly what I needed! Thanks for the time u took to write that. I'll definitely invest in a Haynes manual.

I guess it's true that MSC members are friendly!!

sorted mate you should be a Kwik fit fitter in no time,,another good one is haynes auto electrics,,,you can find alot of good stuff online but having it all there in a handy manual is priceless when your stuck in the garage scratching your noggin,,,if you know how to use a multimeter it could save you a few pennys when fault finding or just general maintenance,,,but no need to rush into buying all of them as the car manuals have plenty of info to get started,,,but they do manuals for welding,body repair,tuning,modifying,,,ive got them all tucked away in pretty haynes plastic wallets,,still have the odd nosey through to brush up on a few subjects

now you need a jack,axle stands,socket set,torque wrench,spanner set and a few scroggies,,,,,,,,,a 4 inch grinder is a must,,,,these are just the basics

have fun fella

Back