first post

Hi
This is my first post, so be gentle with me:grinning:
We have just bought our first ever micra, it is a w reg (2000) 1.3 SE 5 door.
Now for some strange reason the rear wiper motor, arm and blade have been removed from the car and a little black blanking grommet fitted to the hole that should have the wiper.
Anyway, went to a nissan breakers and got all the parts and fitted them, but it wont work!! checked the fuses, all ok can hear the solenoid clicking in the boot when the wiper is turned on, so there is power getting to that!! even tried another solenoid but still no joy!!! only thing i can think of now is that there must be a wire broke somewhere between solenoid and wiper motor!! any help would be very welcome.
The only thing i dont like about the micra is that it doesn't have a tailgate release button/handle, i put the key down in the boot when i was playing with the wiper motor and closed the tailgate!! luckily i didn't lock the car so i was able to clamber into the boot over the back seats. what a faff.
Has anyone been successful in fitting a tailgate release button? can it be done?
Any pointers would be most welcome.
Thank you
Maximus.

tailgate release handle you should be able fit from another micra, they are down between the drivers seat and the door...theres only a handle and a cable so easy enough to source...

Rear wiper now working, it was what i had expected! broken wires in the rubber housing next to the tailgate hinge (right hand side as you look at the tailgate)
peeled back the grommet, re soldered the wires taped them up with self amalgamating tape put the grommet back, job done.
Now to find a breakers with a micra that has a tailgate release kit.....
Maximus.

I believe it was the earlier ones that had the tailgate release. My 1996 GX has one! You may need the boot catch to go with it, but that's only 2 bolts (i think) on the back of the car!

WTTC (Y)

Just fitted a Tail release on the K10 but i assume it's the same as the newer models or thereabouts. It was easy to fit, i think the most difficult part was adjusting the Loop to stop the Tailgate from knocking... it's ok now :)

Back