my micra and its problems(the first of many)

How do people. i own a white nissan micra N reg AND out of ALL the micra's ive seen around leeds (and on the net) it's the only one with a reflecter running the full width of the boot=] , i've had it about 2 month, so about as long as i've had my licence. The car is brill, it cost me nothing to buy as i was given it and hardly costs me anything to run it although, i have a few problems with it. 1: there is an odd knocking noise coming from the rear left susspension area, its happens when i go over bumps or over the camber of the road, i've had 3 mechanics look at it and not one of them knbow what it is (even though my chavtastic brother things its the anti roll bar bushes not retracting fast enough) i've been told its safe so im not really bothered about that. the other thing i have noticed is that my reverse light only works if i pull on the gear stick when it's in reverse. has anyone else got this problem or know of this problem and how to fix it? anywho, i'll be posting more stuff about the car soon and pic's too once i've washed it cos at the minute, its almost black........oh the joy's of owning a white car.:k12white:

Hi there.
The reversing light problem will be your gearbox switch. Depends how much it bothers you as to whether you replace it as it isnt an MOT failure.

I didn't say it was? I know it isn't, but thanks for assuming I didn't :)

But it's what people check for right, valid MoT and Tax.
I was merely stating one of the many problems with my Micra.

hi guy's. thanks for the input. if it's not an MOT failure then i'll leave it for now....although i was nearly hit by a porsche as the drivier didnt know i was reversing.oppseeee.=] another problem to add to my list of things to fix is my exhaust....it's broken. my car now sounds like a stock car as the exhaust has snapped right befor the CAT converter...well not impressed, like i dont have money to spend on it already, what with me needing a new coolant tank, windscreen washer cap, new tyers, new stereo (thats packed in too....the same night as my exhaust did) i need a new rear demister switch, new head lights(mine are really dim, im suprised their legal) and i need some new bulbs in my dash board, so yeah, not much to do really. i've already had the tracking sorted...which took 2 days to get right and i've had to bodge the coolent tank with a pop bottle cap. i'll post pictures of all of these and of the car when i find a decent enough camera =] any hints and tips for getting allof this sorted? :k12white:

the knocking will be coming from the drop link on your antiroll bar, its a small bar with a ball joint at either end, you will have to swap it out from one in a scrappy or something

yayy!!!! i have my new exhaust!! =] just need to fit it now, bought a new CD player too, and some micro cruise-lite's...speaking of them...does anyone know an easyier way of fitting them than to what the instructions say or is that the bast way?

Back