• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Blog of Glanza 2!

Woohoo my wheels are here :D They have black nuts & locking nuts, and are gorgeous! Hope to have them fitted tomorrow for the Brighton meet.

Rotawheels.JPG

Also here's what the duck spoiler looks like fitted to the car i got it from

Duckspoiler.JPG

Here's some more of the car!

newbrakeson.JPG

newwheels.JPG

brightonjun09_15.JPG

brightonjun09_14.JPG

Nice wheels Al. Unless I missed it before, what are they?

Rota Grid's mate. Gunmetal with polished lip. Good Year Eagle tyres (195/45/15). Annoyingly, the centre caps do not fit over the drive shafts. I need to get some longer studs and some spacers.

Yeah i didn't really think about painting those, cheers for the suggestion.

Bought a few more bits!

Dual A pillar pod holder for 52mm dials & a clear cambelt cover. I want to get my boost gauge connected up and didn't want those untidy dashboard mounts or fake carbon effect ones. The cambelt cover is purely cosmetic but looks quite cool.

I've recovered all my stereo stuff out of storage so looking to start fitting that again too. Custom boot build, door speakers, etc. Next mod will be a Rising rate fuel pressure regulator so i can safely de-restrict the boost again, and fit my induction kit, and i just need one samco hose to fit my HKS Blow off value.

I've also fixed my central locking problems, it was a nackered door motor which i've replaced from the car i crashed! Great to have working central locking again.

Not lowered yet mate but that's another thing i'm planning on doing, just saving up for coilovers at the moment! They're roughly the same price as adjustable shocks and lowering springs.

Here's a photo from this years JAE

JAE09_088.JPG

So what's happened now?

Some more parts have been ordered and arrived, including:

Greddy E-manage blue & harnesses.

emanage.jpg

New front splitter for the 98 front bumper

ggggg086.jpg

Blitz Spec Nur Exhaust, Cat Back

blitznurr.jpg

WEPR CT9 Manifold

weprct92.jpg

Dual Pillar Pod Holder

_wsb_150x150_gaugepod.jpg

Smoked Dials - A couple of dials like this

BOOSTGAUGE2BAR.jpg

Just ordered these too, MeisterR Zeta R coilovers.

EP91.jpg

And i've pre-ordered a WEPR Front Mount Intercooler kit :)

One month on, here's some bits and pieces that have arrived, and soon to be arriving!

Brand new pair of headlights, new exhaust manifold gasket & turbo gasket, WEPR manifold, MeisterR Zeta Coilovers, Tuning Developments 255l fuel pump, Jperformance stainless steel braced De Cat, Whiteline Panhard Rod,

Headlight.JPG

MeisterR-Zetaptop.JPG

MeisterR-Zetapside.JPG

MeisterRvinyl.JPG

OEMGaskets.JPG

WEPRManifold1.JPG

WEPRManifold2.JPG

Whiteline%20Panhard%20Rod%20Pic%202.jpg

PICT1964.JPG

JP%20EP82%20Decat%20Braced%20Pic%201.jpg

wow, have you won the lottery or something? lol

some nice parts been purchased, any of them fitted yet or are you just collecting them? lol

some nice parts been purchased, any of them fitted yet or are you just collecting them? lol

haha! The work begins Saturday. If there's enough time, the manifold, de-cat and exhaust will be fitted (with new gaskets). Will then do the coilovers & get the geometry re-done on Monday. I'm looking into getting front & rear whiteline roll bars too, just trying to confirm if they'll clear the Nur Spec exhaust (2.5" pipe). Can't wait to get this all done, i've watched clips on Youtube of the exhaust and it sounds amazing! :D

Ok, the work has begun! The Manifold, De-cat, Exhaust, Panhard rod and Coilovers are all fitted. As well as sounding awesome, it looks and handles a lot better! Still got a way to go yet but here's some more photos. Proper blog type thing coming soon.

Ex01.jpg

Ex02.jpg

Ex03.jpg

Ex04.jpg

Ex05.jpg

Ex06.jpg

Ex07.jpg

Ex08.jpg

Coilover001.JPG

Coilover002.JPG

Coilover003.JPG

Coilover004.JPG

Coilover005.JPG

Coilover006.JPG

Coilover007.JPG

Coilover008.JPG

Coiloverp001.JPG

Coiloverp002.JPG

Coiloverp003.JPG

this thing is a beast man, iam loving it,, what sort of power will this be at when ya finished? have you got many more plans for it?

this thing is a beast man, iam loving it,, what sort of power will this be at when ya finished? have you got many more plans for it?

Yeah loads of plans. I wanted to get the handling and general appearance sorted first, so although it's lowered, i've still got front and rear roll bars, 4 point lower brace & front & rear strut braces to fit. They're currently on a boat coming over from Malaysia. I've also got wind deflectors, a front & rear splitter, and a rear duck spoiler to fit. Internally, i've got a pair of Corbeau bucket seats & sparco harnesses i'd like to fit. I've also got an A pillar pod holder & a few gauges to put in there. i'm considering adding some of the stereo bits i had for my Micra in there too, the standard speakers are shockingly bad.

The engine side of things, i've got an uprated fuel pump & HKS actuator to go on. I've also got a set of uprated ignition leads, but they're blue and don't match the coilovers top mounts so will probably sell these and get some Magnecor KV85's, like i had on the Micra. I've also ordered a FMIC kit by Wicked EP Racing in Malta, which is a great fit and doesn't require the bumpers to be cut. I'd like to fit an air filter re-location kit, but all the kits require you to remove Air conditioning but i'm not doing that. I've also got Emanage Blue, but waiting for a bit more money to order a Greddy Profec Spec 2 boost controller, & seperate HKS turbo timer i've got, then will get Ed to fit & set up the lot :)

Once that's all in, i'm going to see where i'm at. Possibly save up towards a 5E conversion, or just put the money towards going fully forged on the 4E engine and get a TD04 kit :) Forging and uprating the turbo is where it gets really expensive

quality pictures there kev. cars looking very nice with all them parts on. cant wait to see more updates on this. coming along nicely. (Y)

Yeah the TD04 (subaru turbo) is where i'm planning on going, but that's where it gets expensive.

Noticed last night that one of my coilovers top mounts is fitted back to front!! GRRR, needs correcting and re-aligning, what a waste of money that was! Another thing, there's a knocking sound coming from the front right hub since the coilovers were fitted. Someone's said possible CV joint or nackered coilover, which i hope not. Under warranty though it's just the hassle!!

I will do a proper blog/spec list etc soon.

As for glanza spoilers fitting, i'm not sure. I do have a top and bottom spoiler in my garage, just no K11 to test it on

Update since last month

I've managed to turn the top mount round and re-fit, and have another alignment done. The knocking sound is also alot better, but you have to take the soft/hard adjustor out to tighten it up correctly which i've not done yet.

My Wepr fmic kit has arrived yesterday which is looking pretty damn good!!

Wepr_FMIC.jpg

Will hopefully fit it this weekend if the weather's good :)

Update since last month

I've managed to turn the top mount round and re-fit, and have another alignment done. The knocking sound is also alot better, but you have to take the soft/hard adjustor out to tighten it up correctly which i've not done yet.

My Wepr fmic kit has arrived yesterday which is looking pretty damn good!!

Wepr_FMIC.jpg

Will hopefully fit it this weekend if the weather's good :)

pictures not showing up arnold?

Right, so here's the latest!

FMIC has not yet been fitted but I keep going to car shows and doing stuff and never getting the time... so, i've booked a week off 4rd-7th May and plan to do most of the fitting of bits then. On the 3rd May, i'll be attending the BHP show with Street Modified. On the 7th, it goes off to Ed at Fusion Motorsport for some parts fitting such as Emanage, and a remap. I've ordered some other bits but they're stuck in Japan (stupid volcano).

In the meantime, I have been doing a rear light LED conversion. I've ordered the brightest red 382 bulbs for the fogs & indicators, and duel filament LED's for the rear lights/brakes, and ordered 2 pairs of high load resistors. The indicators flash at double speed and the ABS warning light comes on if you don't use them! The car doesn't come with fog lights as standard. It's pretty tight space by the light clusters so wiring them in was a bit of a fiddle.

Here's some pictures of the progress & passenger side fitting.

glanzaapr1003.JPG

glanzaapr1008.JPG

glanzaapr1007.JPG

glanzaapr1004.JPG

I've also ordered some Magnecor KV85 ignition leads. I had these on my Micra and they were excellent, so a decent upgrade for the Glanza. I've also ordered NGK Iridium grade 7 plugs, a Cambelt kit & a Greddy Profec Spec II boost controller (in black) :)

NGK-Iridium_IX.jpg

cambeltkit.jpg

magnecor85kv.jpg

greddy_profecbspecii.jpg

I also fitted my old Pioneer head unit from the Micra too, and gave it a clean up.

glanzaapr1002.JPG

glanzaapr1001.JPG

glanzaapr1006.JPG

Looking Very good! why have i not seen this around! as i live so close! would love to see it overtake me sometime (Y)

Going to pease pottage services tonight around 8:00. Will only be there for half hour if you want to check it out :)

Going to pease pottage services tonight around 8:00. Will only be there for half hour if you want to check it out :)
would love to but mine is off the road at the moment due to a broken rusty exhaust pipe lol that and i have to goto work tonight! :(
but i will definatley pop along at some point to have a look see :)

EDIT: by bus aswell! bloody fastway....

Mckenziecz the mirrors are different too and this one has wind deflectors. looks like same backbox though fwn
i think they are different, but yeah they look awesome! (Y)

I've seen that one before in Horsham! but it's definitely not mine. I've been meaning to update this blog as most of the parts which were mentioned earlier on in the thread have now been fitted by Ed (Fusion Motorsport).

With the parts i'd bolted on (Exhaust, De Cat & Manifold), she'd gained 12hp over stock to 145bhp, and since Ed fitted a few other bits and pieces, she's now up to 190.3 bhp! :D

i bought an uprated Exedy Organic clutch inc Spring plate, and a Fidanza lightened flywheel as well. Will try get some photos up soon!

I had a gander at your car on Thursday night when Ed was doing some tweeks on the Omex. You've got a very nice example there Alan :)

ok alan i was so certain it was yours :( even the stickers are on same places, well sorry for invading your blog with pics of someone elses glanza.:wasntme:

Stickers are there because they're put there by Toyota! All Glanza's have them :p Don't worry about it though!

and cheers Dave! I love it, it's covered in Volcanic Ash, will give it a good clean tomorrow and get this blog updated!

No it's a standard CT9 turbo mate!

Few photos courtesy of Ed! I'll upload a few more later on

fusion96.jpg

fusion97.jpg

fusion98.jpg

fusion92.jpg

fusion89.jpg

fusion87.jpg

Just checked on it, I was right, sort of. When i had my starlet, that type of power was unheard of from the stock CT9. With that much power, id skip the hybrid and go for a bigger unit.

How do you find 0-60's with that power? Could never get mine to do sub 6.5 seconds, just too much for the front wheels. Where as the 200 will do it in under 6 just due to the grip..

Two other people have recently reported similar BHP on a standard CT9 and question if hybrids are really worth the money (for an extra 8hp or something). It was Ed who did the work and Surrey rolling road who have been in the business a while, so i would imagine those figures are accurate. If I want more then i'll go td04, but i'm actually very happy with how it is at the minute. 0-60 i've not done a run, when i put my foot down it steers all over the shop! The grip is excellent (Good year eagle tyres) and the car may have an LSD fitted too.

Ian those figures are entirely realistic. I had two other people mention on the same day as Arnold's was dynoed that they were expecting more power than they got. That dyno does not feed egos and quite often people go away saying "but on xxx dyno it read more". SRR feeds no egos and states stuff firmly as it is :)

Oh and its my opinion now that hybrid CT9s are a waste of money, if you only get at best another 8-9hp.

Yeah ed, i did a double take on my first statement after some more re-search. When i had my Starlet, that type of power was unheard of from a stock CT9.

I guess the problem with the Starlet tuning community is the fact, the tried and test method of a RRFPR with an FCD works. So not as many people get it mapped (myself included with that). So on the Stock CT9 I couldn't have seen that sort of power, but with the Hybrid i did. However, when your 250 miles away from any decent mapper, it can be an issue for some people. Although it's not what im doing with my current car, mapping and 350bhp ftw :)

Yes starlets are very much for the majority severely untapped into as far as potential goes. Im amazed so few people even do what Arnold has done. They still use stone age fixes to get more power like you said using RRFPR and FCD (shudder).

Back