• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Blog of Glanza 2!

That's one sick looking little car you got there man, damn! :)

Thanks mate

I've got my new TRD oil cap and gear kn0b (seriously why is that filtered out haha) through the post, and will have my new rocker cover with welded jic fittings, alloy nuts, braided hoses and custom oil catch tank that bolts to the suspension strut coming in a couple of days. I'll be on display at the BHP show at Lydden hill if you want to come say hi

Right, another update.

The Glanza's off the road at the moment after suspected head gasket failure. The water's gone a bit oily and it's sprayed out through the reservoir cap all over the engine bay. New head bolts and an Athena MLS gasket has been ordered, and will be fitted sometime in the next two weeks, for the BHP show at Lydden hill.

Good news though, is the oil catch tank, braided lines and 'race spec' rocker cover has been delivered. I went for a Subaru Silver finish, which looks amazing. Also got a TRD oil cap for it too.

RockerCover_TRD.jpg

Catch_Can.jpg

Stay tuned for more. New brakes and Cusco strut brace will be fitted when the head work is done.

Right an update for you,

The car had the head gasket replaced with the Athena 1.4mm one, which has fixed that issue, and I had my new oil catch tank and braided lines fitted to the new rocker cover at the same time. My new brakes have also been fitted and are A LOT better than the ones that came off! It was rolling roaded just after to check she was all healthy, and despite a bit of a misfire on boost, produced 217.9hp at around 6800rpm, 0.9bar.

Despite changing the rotor arm and dizzy cap, the misfire remains so need to check the plugs next. I also had a nail go through one of my Goodyear Eagle tyres so that was another £80 to sort.

I'll be attending Practical Performance Car Magazines PPC in the park show tomorrow at Mallory Park, where it'll be doing one of the track sessions in the afternoon!

GlanzaRR_May13.PNG

GlanzaRR_May13Graph.jpg

Goodyear_Nail.jpg

BHP2013_16.jpg

that rocker cover looks stunning, much better than a really chavvy colour, makes the engine bay look clean and compliments the car.

Cheers! I didn't fancy bright red or anything silly, and really pleased how it turned out.

Just read your whole thread. Fantastic build. I remember reading your website when you built your k10 inspired me to do mine properly.

Now I'm sure you said in there we should do a starlet related project in a micra... bet you can't guess what my next project will be :D but no it wont be soon. Subaru one first :)

Just read your whole thread. Fantastic build. I remember reading your website when you built your k10 inspired me to do mine properly.

Now I'm sure you said in there we should do a starlet related project in a micra... bet you can't guess what my next project will be :D but no it wont be soon. Subaru one first :)

Thanks :) I still think a 4EFTE engine in a Micra would be a great project. The engines are a similar size, so mounting, gearbox linkages and drive shafts etc probably wouldn't take much work and the power you can achieve in these things is quite amazing. If you were to fit the 5E Paseo engine and turbo it up, you're looking at over 300hp

Sounds like a better alternative to the SR20 conversion many attempt. You've got me very interested (bad idea :p)
Where's the engine from your black one?

Quick update.

My misfire has been fixed, which was an issue with my Emanage Ultimate. A quick tinkle with the settings and she's running pretty good! Took it to Japfest 2 and ran it on the track in the 12:10pm session, over taking everything! The back felt light the whole time though and eventually managed to spin out. All in the video below

Back