• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Blog of Glanza 2!

Ok back to blog. Some A hole scraped down the side of the bumper which I only discovered when I was cleaning the car on the stand at Modified Live! Bad timing. Hopefully not too many people noticed. Did a bit of a bodge to repair it and since then it's been in a photo shoot for Fast Car mag, here's a couple of the photos that were submitted to them.

4813479180_7c10486cd0_b.jpg

4812855751_283da2a8a4_b.jpg

I've decided instead of fixing the bumper up properley, i'm going to sell the front lip that i'd bought & fit a Toms Ep91 bumper which looks like this :)

toms%20bumpers.jpg

Makes the front sit a little lower, looks more agressive & opens up the FMIC. Can also use the fogs in my current bumper. It probably won't be here / fitted before JAE though. I need to spend money getting the coilovers set up correctly, and there's a knocking sound coming from the front so might need new CV Joint or something else! Bloody cars eh...

Still looks good though dude! That bumper isnt too bad either - I may just excuse you for it ;)
I'm still not sure what's happening with mine - dad and me will be assessing it Sunday lol

OMG some A hole has done it again! (you can see my 1st repair just below the black scrape)

40333_451148178581_538478581_6220420_8380637_n.jpg

I may try and get this new bumper here and sprayed/fitted for JAE then keep this car garaged 99% of it's life

I know but it's the second time in a month it's happened outside our house, which is a pretty quiet road. It could be worse I agree but it shouldn't have happened at all

At least you don't need a replacement head or a weld repair on the 4th runner on the head! :p

Sorry to hear it's been hit twice in a month, tbh it's a pretty easy repair, a bodyshop could even rub that down and blow it in without a full bumper respray if you wanted.

Yeah i spoke to one but they wanted to charge £125 to fix it! That's why i went down the DIY route which was fine, but now need to do it again. I'll work on it during the week.

I've seen a few other people have the same head welding issue over on TGTT! Hope you get it sorted mate

some people have tramp mentality
thats why i had to order the wireless cctv (£20)crap of on that bid up site,and just waiting to catch a good catch at the moment

Ok, a picture or two from JAE!

JAE2010_069.JPG

JAE2010_070.JPG

JAE2010_075.JPG

I've ordered a new front bumper for the car which is due to be here in the next few days! It's an agressive looking thing which opens up the FMIC at the front. Will hopefully get that and the rear duck spoiler sprayed up and fitted at some point in the near future. Won't be spending too much on the car until next year as need to pay off debts, besides it'll mostly be garaged over the winter anyway!

Will be a while before it's sprayed and fitted so here's one fitted to another car. The bottom matches up height wise to the standard skirts, which on my car isn't far off the ground! That obviously means the front won't be far off the floor either

toms%20bumpers.jpg

It was nice to see it at JAE, just make sure you do your wheel nuts more than hand tight before heading onto ther motorway!

Lol yeah I will mate, At least I know why it was knocking now! Bodywork will be done around January time.

I have no idea mate. I've got a rear spoiler spare if anyone wishes to bring their k11 round to measure up.

As for the car, well she's running like a dog! the manifold to turbo nuts keep flying off and now the gasket has split. The de-cat is falling off too. Also think the wepr manifold has cracked in the middle. I've ordered a new turbo gasket today and will be taking her to Fusion for a fix up / service, but now i'm seriously looking at getting the whole lot taken off and replaced with an upgraded kit! Stay tuned :)

I've also bought front and rear cusco strut braces (silver) to replace the ultra racing braces i've bought! and i've still got a garage full of bits which need to go on, bucket seats, rails, harnesses, boost controller, rear spoiler, front bumper and more! Hoping to get round to fitting it all at some point.

You may have to keep re-torquing the manifold to turbo nuts after a few heat cycles, that should help.

Also I've read that V band may be the way to go for connecting pipework such as turbo to downpipe, may be worth a look?

Yeah i'll have a look mate. I am seriously thinking about just replacing the whole lot for a better kit anyway and getting Fusion Ed to fit it. More power please! this one is so difficult to work on. If i forge the engine, the manifold etc is still going to be in this condition, whereas if I replace the kit and keep the boost down, I can then forge the engine afterwards, and it'll give me more incentive to get the engine done :)

Oh the joys of a blown manifold on the 4efte, I remember it all too well! :mad:

Hope you get everything sorted Alan and get it running well again.

Right a quick update!

The manifold, turbo, decat etc has all been removed and refitted, so now there's no leaks in the system. It's nice to finally have my exhaust gases coming out the exhaust and not in the engine bay! New gasket for the de-cat and new cat/manifold nuts. The manifold has also been welded which looks a bit messy but it's doing the job. I'm currently getting quotes for a TD04 externally gated kit which i'm dying to get fitted, and will go back to Ed for another round of part fitting.

Other parts i've recently bought are cusco front and rear strut braces, whiteline front and rear roll bars, and powerflex engine mounts. (pictures are on facebook which I can't access at work!)

I've sold the front splitter and my ultra racing rear strut, and a few other parts will be going shortly to fund new ones.

You can see it on the MSC stand at Japfest! :)

Just gone and bought an uprated alloy radiator, slimline fan, & TD04L Externally gated git with Tial wastegate. Bring on the powarrrrrr!!!

TD04 eh, nice say bye bye to stock engine!!!

Not yet but that's the direction i'm going in. The stock injectors should be good for 1.1bar and the clutch will take it as well, but obviously any more and there will be serious issues. I'll be requiring your services as per usual :D

Yeah I dunno about buying used, I always like to know the history of the things i'm getting and i'd probably rather pay to either have mine done to stage 2 (320bhp) or pay someone to do a stage2, so I can swap the engines out and sell my old one, or have as spare. It would also be an ideal opportunity to put a 5E (1.5) engine in too

Yeah I dunno about buying used, I always like to know the history of the things i'm getting and i'd probably rather pay to either have mine done to stage 2 (320bhp) or pay someone to do a stage2, so I can swap the engines out and sell my old one, or have as spare. It would also be an ideal opportunity to put a 5E (1.5) engine in too

New forged 4EFTE bottom ends are handy money ;)

Right quick update - She's at the tuners and has been for a couple of weeks, although not everything will be finished in time for JAE. Just hope she's running though!

Some photos (sorry for any duplicates that may have been posted before)

Poly bushes and roll bars etc.
powerflex.jpg

mount.jpg

Radiator hoses
radhoses.jpg

Fitted rear cusco brace
530114_10151154859053582_1719596295_n.jpg

Greddy Profec Spec II EBC
profec2.jpg

Profec2-on.jpg

Emanage Ultimate
EMU.jpg

View from front. Air conditioning related hardware now removed.
front.jpg

Front2.jpg

TD04L Turbo
TD04-2.jpg

Tuning Developments TD04 Turbo kit with Tial external wastegate
TD04-1.jpg

TD04-3.jpg

TD04-4.jpg

Tial.jpg

Tial2.jpg

hoses.jpg

New flexi pipe, with the radiator hoses, whiteline ARB, droplinks and polybush engine mounts fitted. The bottom of the turbo downpipe & screamer pipe too.
Flexi.jpg

Corbeau Seats
corbeauboss.jpg

Apexi relocation
Apexi.jpg

Cusco Braces
cuscoends.jpg

rearbrace.jpg

Not much happened to the car (apart from some A hole keyed the door), and it's been garaged most of winter, but i'll get her out and to a bodyshop soon! Still have various bits to be fitted and some more gauges. I'll see if I can find any new photos and upload them to here

Also at JAE last year, I had Nex modify my rear wiper (just like the K11 mods) so it sits flat. Technically the design is a bit different, but it works!

Flatwiper.jpg

the Tuning Devlopments TD04 kit looks like a really good value for money piece of kit!

It's not bad. There are cheaper kits and a few design issues but so far it seems to be good, although Fusion did have to modify it quite a bit to get it all on, such as the exhaust didn't line up, and the tials waterlines don't fit with an aftermarket radiator. Tuning Developments said they weren't needed, but they're installed and running fine with the standard rad. One of you guys should definitely get a Starlet based kit on your Micras.

Awesome mate.

Just read your whole thread, love the transformation.

Tempted by one of these once i get bored of the micra!

Also at JAE last year, I had Nex modify my rear wiper (just like the K11 mods) so it sits flat. Technically the design is a bit different, but it works!

Flatwiper.jpg

Funnily enough we in the Yaris club do the opposite and call it the starlet wiper mod :')

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure mate. Nex did it in his home so not sure what he did, but it kept blowing fuses. There was an extra metal thing in there which was causing that, so once removed, it worked fine.

Ok small update, goodies arrived today.

EBC_Brakes.jpg

The car has also gone to a bodyshop to get the scratch on the door removed, a new front bumper prepared and fitted, and the rear mid spoiler prepared and fitted. A new rear splitter will be going on in a couple of weeks. Exciting stuff!

New gauges: Oil pressure, Oil temperature and AEM Wideband
PerformanceAEM.jpg

I've also had my car back from the bodyshop with a new Toms bumper fitted, Glanza rear duck spoiler fitted and the drivers door resprayed! A few alterations are required such as the fogs and panel gap between bonnet/bumper but it's going back in a couple of weeks for that. Rear splitter going on then too, and the Glanza stickers on the side will probably be taken off.

Glanza_frontPS.PNG

Glanza_rearPS.PNG

They're just a bit faded and look old. I might freshen them up with new ones

More stuff has come!

Rear splitter (still wrapped)
Rearsplitter.jpg

Mesh for the grille.
Mesh.jpg

Car is going back to the body shop on Saturday

I'm told the front is now looking awesome with no panel gaps, however I am yet to see it. The fogs haven't been refitted as yet, and the rear splitter isn't on... but should have an update by this Saturday!

Some photos of her at the Goodwood Breakfast Club last weekend. New bumper, rear lip and mid spoiler are now on. Glanza vinyls have gone too.

GoodwoodApr13_1.jpg

GoodwoodApr13_3.jpg

GoodwoodApr13_4.jpg

Back