• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The 1.3 Turbo Battle####

just don't do it like this :D

hYk04.jpg

weld the front of a micra in the boot. Then you got engine, suspension, brakes...

I was thinking about this tbh. Cut the rear out and take rear axle off. Then reinforce the square cut out with angle iron or something then basically use another Micra for the front suspension hubs etc and put on the rear all welded up just don't have a steering rack but a adjustable or solid bar between the steering joints then hey presto a cg13de rwd Micra haha

I was thinking about this tbh. Cut the rear out and take rear axle off. Then reinforce the square cut out with angle iron or something then basically use another Micra for the front suspension hubs etc and put on the rear all welded up just don't have a steering rack but a adjustable or solid bar between the steering joints then hey presto a cg13de rwd Micra haha

or do this? :D

topgearsaabalfalimo3.9826.jpg

That did cross my mind. Would you turn the engine around though??? How would you get it to do forwards but backwards lol

dunno, that's to be engineered.
perhaps:
  • somehow divert the LH diff output over to the RH wheel & vice versa?
  • engineer an adapter to reverse the diff output rotation
  • rotate the engine in bay 180deg, which may require cutting the bulkhead to fit

Easy...done... You ####img kidding me. I wouldn't know where to start
Start by working out where you want to finish... then you can design parts as you go to fit in with that image
I know for my K11, the first bit was to remove the engine and running gear as one, take the rear floor out including wheel well, then build a box section space frame to house the engine and running gear. Your difficult part will be the cable gear linkage.
After that its plain sailing

Start by working out where you want to finish... then you can design parts as you go to fit in with that image
I know for my K11, the first bit was to remove the engine and running gear as one, take the rear floor out including wheel well, then build a box section space frame to house the engine and running gear. Your difficult part will be the cable gear linkage.
After that its plain sailing

Your k11?

Had a look at that kit myself, wasnt sure if it would be any good. You'll have to let me know
Well sgs seems to be quite heavy duty. I used the air hammer/ chisel to remove some bricks in a wall like butter. I will be testing the others this week no doubt. Will be nice to see if we can use the air chisel to punch out stuck pan hard rod bolts. Or lower arm bolts. Curious.

Just rang Adrian flux to get an insurance quote for the turbo... I had the luxury of hearing people in the background taking the piss out of my car. ****ed off royally

Should have asked to speak to their manager. Totally unprofessional.
The bloke on the phone was good about it. He tried to play it off like it was nothing but I made it clear I wasn't happy about it. Really nice guy mind and was helpful, but I don't feel great about the company now. Its just insulting that I want to give these people my money and they laugh at ur car. I started reeling off the list of mods and it then became apparent I wasn't some boy racer with some bling wheels.

I don't mind people laughing at the apparent defiance of a stereotype in public but a business which deals with my insurance no. These people are supposed to support me if something goes wrong or I get hurt. See what they say in a bit.

Just renewed my insurance with Admiral, spoke to a lovely guy, different to last year but lovely just the same.
(Was calling to up my mileage) price has still gone down another£40 on last year
He even congratulated me on my excellent driving record, no claims no convictions...ever :p
Still trying to decide if he was Canadian or American ^_^

@SirChris have you got quotes elsewhere?
Sucks that those in the office are so childish and unprofessional.
...just jealous ;)

Last edited:
Just renewed my insurance with Admiral, spoke to a lovely guy, different to last year but lovely just the same.
(Was calling to up my mileage) price has still gone down another£40 on last year
He even congratulated me on my excellent driving record, no claims no convictions...ever :p
Still trying to decide if he was Canadian or American ^_^

@SirChris have you got quotes elsewhere?
Sucks that those in the office are so childish and unprofessional.
...just jealous ;)
I don't remeber the last time I had a normal quote for insurance with a normal company jen. I just renew my daily with no question or worry lol. I get discount for house insurance anyway lol so no worries. The turbo is always a night mare. Yeah I am the same I much rather being honest and saying what mileage I do. Yeah I am the same jen, no convictions or claims too. Let's assume Canadian, they are nicer. Sorry I took a while to get back. Completely forgot. Looking forward to the cake. The results this end was staying with sky as they honoured my quote from Adrian flux. I am still quite upset, even trying to get a quote emailed to me with the amount quoted was painful. They just were not happy people. Nvm. Bethan is now on my policy so she can drive and I am fully comp to drive all cars which is nice. The value of the car is increased and guaranteed as well so if it goes then I get a set amount, no questions.

Well, I'm glad your insurance is sorted.

I'm leaning towards Canadian too ^_^

Made trifle today, don't think one of those would survive the 50 mile drive on Sunday though LOL
Sticking with cupcakes, just gotta remember to use the main oven instead of the little one, usually work out better in there.
Might put some little icing micras on top :D

Well, I'm glad your insurance is sorted.

I'm leaning towards Canadian too ^_^

Made trifle today, don't think one of those would survive the 50 mile drive on Sunday though LOL
Sticking with cupcakes, just gotta remember to use the main oven instead of the little one, usually work out better in there.
Might put some little icing micras on top :D
That's a challenge jen

Begin project lower da trailer for stance yolo scene epic fun times beard FAM JDM daily racecar kanji noodle drift...
du8e4yde.jpg
actually. I am lowering it as the weight is not even on the trailer and is shifted towards the cars rear axle. The micra is too low basically... Soooo let's make the trailer too low lol

I'd be so ****ed off too if I was in your position, I hate insurance so much. Scammers the lot of them

But we need it so we have to just deal with it :|

Back