Tensioner?

jamier2007

Ex. Club Member
Quick question. When the engines running should the upper tensioner stay fully 'taught' it would seem the extremely noisy 1.3 in mine moves out and in?!

Jamie

Yeh just now haha. But I turned it over a few times with the dizzy disconnected. The tensioner has all the meat on it but with the cover off and running it the chain looks like it wants too get on. And there is oil squirting out the side. Not sure if that's normal?

Yeh just now haha. But I turned it over a few times with the dizzy disconnected. The tensioner has all the meat on it but with the cover off and running it the chain looks like it wants too get on. And there is oil squirting out the side. Not sure if that's normal?

Oil pressured :)

Did you release the ratchet mech when fitting?
Pusgh the tensioner in and it will spring out, taking up slack

the top one is tensioned by oil and a spring too eh, did you retract the ratchet mech inside ?, then release it by pushing it right back ?
heh, been scotted ^ :)

I thought I'd heard that so I pushed it all the way back in but heard no ratchet, nothing clicked or anything. Just was quite a hard spring although that was when it was off the engine?!

Back