Front belt tensioner

CMF_TorchTheRed

» CMF Member
The securing nut on the front belt tensioner in my 97 March (1.0) seems to have left the building! Although the tensioner pulley can't come off, its now running against the inner wing making a hell of a racket.

It seems to be an... umm... interesting layout - I cant get my fat fingers to the centre of the pulley so can't even check what size and type of nut I need to replace it with. Neither can I see an easy way of gaining access without removing the driver's side mounting and lifting/dropping the engine - surely not!

As I don't have a repair manual, could some kind person have a look in the Haynes or rack their memory and tell me what kind of nut it needs and what the recommended way of getting it on is?

Thanks

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Can't say for certain about the JDM march> I found the UK micras have various different threads which are confused as to being one particular thread standard (friggen sunderland).

I would suggest you grab a 17mm spanner and head to a scrapyard/wrecking yard which has another K11 in it with engine and grab the nut and pulley off it. the bearings in your pulley are probably going to be stuffed..!

I also reattached my nuts with a dab of locktite because one of mine went flying not that long ago itself haha.

Goodluck :)

Back