Rev counter help

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
I want to fit a tacho rev counter with the light for changing gear. my car is a 1.0l 1996. it has no rev counter. is it possible to fit. Any help would be great

Spike

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave
you could trying sourcing a new dash facia from one of the super S models (I think) its a straight a straight swap/plug and play.

other than that I think you have to wire it to the port on your ECU? is that right? im sure I heard that mentioned before... correct me if im wrong though

OP
OP
Anto Modded

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
the gut who is selling it says it can be wired to the cam shaft or gearbox lol...so i thought i'd run it past you guys first and find out

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Anto Modded said:
the gut who is selling it says it can be wired to the cam shaft or gearbox lol...so i thought i'd run it past you guys first and find out

If you have a pre-2000 model it can be wired directly up to the BLUE wire on top of the Distributor (pretty certain it's blue anyways) or straight up to the ECU

Post-2000 (coil packs instead of dizzy) has to be wired directly up to the ECU

This has been covered so many times here, any more help required use the search feature for searching other threads. The answers are here, you'll just have to spend a few minutes searching for it!

Titch

Micra K11ng
I've got a guide written in the help section here. If your struggling though drop me a PM and i'll talk you through it.