Swapping bits between 1999 and 2001 cars?

I have a 1999 1.3i with rust problems and a 2001 1.0 'S'. Has anyone found any major differences to stop me ftom using the 1.3i for spares, please?

I bought it in a hurry for a new job, so it would be good to be warned of any problems before I get started. Thankx in advance. Ruz

I already see it has 4 coils and no distributor. The 1.3i must have been ill, because the 1.0 feels just as nippy and holds its speed better cruising around 60-70 in top gear. :)

2001 has longer 4+5 gear ratios iirc, so would be feel ok at 70mph. 2000+ have coilpack engines not distributor ones like your 1.3 and the Throttle bodies are different too.
Most things are swappable though with a bit of jiggling/modifying

Usual questions on my mind. I am assuming that the cat is the biggest restriction, so has anyone seen a good de-cat pipe, or will I need to buy a whole 4-2-1 manifold? Or is there a compromise cast manifold I could get from a breaker's? MTIA for clues :)

De-cat pipe could be fabricated easily by anyone with even limited metal working skills, 4-2-1 manifolds are plentiful but not always cheap

Back