2001 Micra S starting problems - please help

Hi all, I found this forum whilst searching for problems with the good old K11 Micra!

I have offered to help with my friend's 2001 1.0 Micra S.

A few months ago it was running really rough when hot so we changed the airflow sensor for a new one off ebay along with the lambda and plugs and a new coilpack as one was looking a bit dodgy.

The airflow sensor didn't last long and the same symptoms returned so we bought one from the scrapyard which didn't work.

The next purchase was a complete throttle body including all sensors from a same year micra of a breaker. This cured the problem and the car ran sweet for another month.

Next problem was that the car wouldn't start from cold without a touch of gas and the idle was very low and lumpy, basically you had to rev it to keep it running. Once warmed up it's fine.

Today I took it to a garage for a diagnostic check but nothing came up. As it was temperature relalated I thought to change the coolant temp sensor along with a quick clean of the plugs which seemed ok tbh. I have just been to fire it up and it is exactly the same as before.

I am now out of ideas, please help :)

Jim

My guess from what you're saying is that the new version of an Auto Choke isn't kicking in. Try another CTS if you can find one, whilst also flushing through all the coolant with fresh 30/70 Antifreeze and water. It's coming up to winter so it's the perfect time to do it.

Is there an engine air temperature sensor/EGR valve on these vehicles? If so, this might be causing the problem...

Stu.