Swapping seats between models

Hi,

Some of you may know that I want to take the buckets out of my Micra and put the standard seats back in. I have found some through a scrapyard, but the are from a higher spec model. Mine is the basic "L" 5 door, and these are from a higher spec one (also 5 door). I have been offered front and rear seats. Presume the fronts will be no problem, but the rears on the ones I have been offered fold 2/1, whereas my current rears the whole seat folds down. Any ideas if there will be a problem with fitting them in? Is it an easy job to change the front and rear seats?

Cheers. :)

as far as i know the front seats are all fine no matter what model or door number, but remember if you have a three door and you put five door seats in then you wont be able to fold them so that people can get in the back...

the rear seats, if you have independent folding seats and you put a single folding seat in then it should fit perfectly, but if you have it the other way round you will need the centre mount but i think there are already bolt holes for it...

remember that there are two types of lower bench seats, ones that are fixed and ones that fold forward independantly... these ones are mounted at the front and will not fit a car that didn't come with them as standard...

i have changed my seats loads of times easy :)
hope this helps :)

Is this the bolt hole? (Where my finger is pointing) There is a rubber bung there. Thanks :)

DSC03799.jpg

Right, I am resurrecting a really old thread here. I have my front seats in fine, no problem, but I really want to put the rears in too. I had a little look today to see what's what, but didn't have any tools, so couldn't see what was under the carpet at the front, which seems to me where the only problem area would be.

I have a bracket for the middle, dunno if it's the right one or not.....is it?

IMG_0883.jpg

I can see where it's supposed to go, there are holes there, which seem to be the right distance apart (I have rested the bracket in the place where the holes are) - is that the right place?

IMG_0881.jpg

Seats clip at the top, where pictured - is there any additional fixing point in the middle for the split seats? And do the folding ones clip in the same place anyway?

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

Only fixing point on the bench ones I can see at the front is this one, the only problem I'm guessing, is the folding brackets at the front of the split seats....are the holes for this not there?

IMG_0887.jpg

Thanks for any advice you can give......sorry for going on (and on and on). Should I just get some seat covers? :wasntme:

I had my interior stripped in my SR and I believe if memory serves me right you just screw those brackets for the split seats into the holes you have (guessing you have the bolts from the car you took the seats from?) and that's it. There's no additional clips/fixing points.. just the ones on the left & the right

hope this helps?

They only problem is that the split seats have brackets at the front, it looks like, where they fold forward. :S

Does the black bracket thing look right?

Back