1999 micra 1.3 auto wont start?

hi just found the site and hope you can help,basically my mother in law has got a 1.3 auto 1999 micra,one day it got a flat battery due to lights left on,she put the jump leads on off anouther car but put them on the wrong way around!,anyway it started but battery light was on,mechanic looked at it and said it needed alternator,he put one on then it wouldnt start and he suggested the engine ecu was blown,then she asked me to look at it, i checked all the fuses ok,sent the ecu off to be checked and been told its ok,when i get it back im gonna have a proper look and was wondering if anyone had any ideas as what to check,please help,thanks glen

butta

Kicked in the Member
when it wont start are any lights on the dash flashing? does the engine turn over but not start? or when you turn the key does nothing happen at all?

give me as much info as poss and i will try to help

Bence_Fs

Wha Tank
did you check the fuse box under the bonnet?

ive read of similar storys like this and apparently there a 100amp fuse thats meant to protect the car from things like this so in the end its only the battery that gets fried...

someone else on the site will be able to shed more light on the subject but thats all i can think of for now,