2001 K11 Power Issues

Hey guys, havent posted here in a while but i need some advice.
I have a 2001 K11 with power issues.
Basically reversing out of a parking space and going into 1st gear the car bogs down and sometimes cuts out completely.
Accelerator is very unresponsive in low revs and it takes a few seconds before the power actually kicks in.
Crawling in traffic the revs drop below 800rpm and then after applying more throttle/foot to the floor, the car barely moves taking off from a dead stop.
Now my first instinct was the air flow sensor on the side of the intake so i changed that out for a new one. When i took the old sensor out it had obviously just been changed as the one i took out was a brand new bosch one...
I changed it out anyway to see had it gone altogether but that made the car worse again, cutting out at junctions constantly.
So after replacing the sensor the engine management light kept popping up and so i put it on the diagnostics and it said that it was an air temperature sensor?
After i a few more days the engine management light kept appearing so i changed out the ecu thinking that it might be the problem but low and behold the problem is still there.
Theres definetley some overfuelling going on too but the car is now a pain in the ass to drive as its sluggish and slow on take off.
Any ideas guys as im at my wits end with it?
Would the speed sensor in the box be faulty or possibly the coolant temperature sensor?
Thanks in advance!

Your best bet is to check ign timing and idle control timing befor throwing parts at it. It might be air temp sensor fault. Is the fault there perminant or after a short period of engine running? Whats dtc i will look at work on the manual. Can you let me know your chassis no but dont put the full number up. Leave off the last 4 digits.

The air temp sensor is incorporated in with the maf unit on the coilpack k11, s niall, and the ebay ones have a very poor reputation

Thanks guys. Once you wipe the em light start the car and drive for a minute or two it pops back on again. It was a Quinten hazell air flow sensor i replaced it with.

Back