Suspension System Tollerance?

Hey guys,

Just me worrying maybe but I'm not sure.

I was in Asda car park in the evening after filling up, however my cabin was a bit steamed up (Curse them) well side windows were,

To put it straight, i was accelerating, i actually have no recollection of the speed, but it was a bit too fast for comfort when suddenly, *THUDUMP!* straight over an island/pavement thing, in other words it was like a guider around a the car park, i somehow missed it due to the mist and i went straight over (Picture it being the curb onto a path) my micra bounced right over it :/

I know I'm being fussy but how much stress can the suspension system/shocks and shafts take? i was the only one in the car like, its 11 years old quite rusty and i know from experience the Micras built like a tank (been over some rediculous terrain in its time).

Ive checked the joints, they seem sound, my alloys are in fine shape (Those stock nissan blocks are thiiiiiick!) but i just want some reassuring advice.

Cheers,
Migs.

If it still feels fine, then it's fine :D
can't be any worse than some of the pot holes you come across nowadays lol

ever tryed stock racing
http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/07/31/guest-blog-darren-mcnamara-gt-gt-sorry-dad.aspx
07.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Demist car?-fling the lever on fresh air not recirculate-blower to windscreen,windscreen demisted then blower half to screen half to feet - or just screen,,fresh air only and control the temperature so its comfortable.No need to open windows as it may be raining and add to the misty gloom,just dont use recirculate
you may have tracking issues now?

Yeah she drives fine, tracking is always pulling to the left so nothing new, left side driveshaft has about .1-.4mm of play? right side is stiff solid, rear suspension system looks fine, dont know how to check it, panhard aint bent.

As for demist function left side fan blower open/close system is broke, its perminently open :/ so we have some air bleed and the demister control is less effective :( need to sort it really.

Thanks for reply guys, i really do like my micra :)

Yes - you need to sort it. What you actually did is called driving without due care and attention and you are lucky that it was only a traffic island that you ran over rather than a person/pet/whatever. The question arises - what was on the other side of the island that it was supposed to be protecting from you?

As for closing the vent - gaffer tape works and is far cheaper than the possible consequences of you not being able to see where you are going.

Iain

I disagree i pay very high care and attention to when i drive, one must observe true surrounding at times however small detail can be missed, this traffic island was in a spot in which the ineffective blower left thick mist until the engine had warmed up, in some cases blind spots can be missed, especially in darker conditions and especially when the surrounding area is not clear. That traffic island is a decoration to finish off the car park bay rows, an accident waiting to happen, and from the condition of it, i'm not the first nor last to be bouncing over it, the car park itself is actually a maze of turns with a very strange two way system.

As for the solution to fix the vents i will probably rip the dashboard out, but that's the good thing about being in an empty car park eh?

Cars been pulling left for most of its natural life, road shape may impact this a bit, and i dont think i'm the only member with this problem? i think someone reported it may actually be a feature that if you fall asleep at the wheel the car veers out left instead of right into traffic. (THIS MAY BE ENTIRELY INACCURATE!)

Migs

Yes - you need to sort it. What you actually did is called driving without due care and attention and you are lucky that it was only a traffic island that you ran over rather than a person/pet/whatever. The question arises - what was on the other side of the island that it was supposed to be protecting from you?

As for closing the vent - gaffer tape works and is far cheaper than the possible consequences of you not being able to see where you are going.

Iain

hmmm for some reason i cant help but read your post and recieve a negative attitude, the mans clearly made a mistake, hes admitting that so less of the telling off:p

you telling me you never misjudged something, or got something wrong?..... nah didnt think so

so heres an equally grumpy post from me... ha ha:laugh:

im sure the cars fine, i often drive into parked cars, park benches and the occasional cat without any damage:eek:

Hehe i can understand his concern, but thanks martin, its all a lesson in life, especially how i'm still relatively new to the driving experience, I passed in august and have been enjoying driving ever since (Y) (Although i did do like 40 odd lessons and pass plus hehe.)

Thanks again guys!

Back