• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Super S from North Italy (K11 Daily Drive 2.0)

I told you in my other K11 log that I would be back.. and here I am.

IMG_0877_zps19b712e9.jpg

It's a '97 Super S with just 86.000 km (my previous black 1.4 had 129.000) and I must say that for a nearly 15 years old car is in pretty good shape.
Especially the interior looks nearly brand new.
A little different the outside, where some scratches and a couple of little dents are present, but nothing serious.. and nothing that I can not fix in the future.

The biggest difference compared to my previous 1.4 anyway is the handling.. because this has front and rear anti sway bars while the 1.4 had none (despite being the top version).
I fit the lowered springs that I had on the 1.4.. and is just like driving a complete different car.

Same for the engine!
I know that this one in theory has 7 hp less than the other, but believe me that the impression is exactly the opposite.
Is much much more responsive to the throttle imputs.. and is a lot more happy and powerful from idle to about 3000 rpm.
From 3000 to red line it feels more or less the same than the 1.4.. but being so responsive in the low end makes the car a lot better and fun to drive.
I'm sure that this is due to the Eurocrap specs.
This is Euro1 while the 1.4 was Euro4.

All in all I really like it, and if I will eventually decide to keep it for a long time I might consider to respray it in a different colour.
Who knows....

IMG_1164_zps1fd18b84.jpg

IMG_1167_zps8d90f261.jpg

IMG_1168_zps34d6e6e6.jpg

GOld crow GO!
crowmaniums love the 1.3 og 93 grade lighten skim flywhil and keep him for longer while.
rear/front sunroof drain pipes worth a look on pollyp blog

rold in gold old crow say what you sayin the ariel still got to drain :)

yes skim that fool and work on the power leave color on the car :)

Back