• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Daily

Ive had this for a while now and figured it was about time i started a thread for it. I started one on another forum but thought this is a more suitable place for it.
I bought this as a daily little over a year ago and its been good as gold. There was some damage on it when I got it (cheap) which I thought would require a new wing and door, but my ever developing bodywork skills meant that a hammer, dent puller, brute force and a skim of filler saved the original panels.
The original wheels were shot as the original owner loved kerbs, so I lucked upon a set of these 4 spokes. I cant find out much about them but what I do know is they are quite unusual and either 6x14ET38, or 6.5x14ET45 probably 6x14, but theres nothing stamped in the wheel that I can see to conferm this and measuring them with the tyres on is a bit hit and miss. They currently have the 185 60 14 tyres on that they came with but I will soon have to change them as they are getting low on tread. My current problem is what size to go for, 195 45 14, or 185 50 14. Having such a high ET means they tuck under the arch quite well, but I want something to fill the arch without rubbing anywhere once its lowered. Does anyone have any experience of fitting tyres to this sort of spec wheel? The last thing I want to do it buy 195's only to find they are a bit too wide, or go for 185's again and wish id gone for wider. The car was only supposed to be a commuter, but after having afer modded cars in the past Im finding I cant resist the temptation of fiddleing once again.

Shoddy lowered photoshop
027.jpg
Micrafilthy.jpg

Sorry about the dirt, was a fun day in the puddles but I need to get some more recent shots, not that much has changed, its just a bit cleaner.

Back