Sump gaskett replacement k11 1.3i si

Hello all.
Been lurking around here for a while picking up lot of useful info on the micra and its faults.
I had my 1.3 si for a while now and found it to be a very capable car for its size(if a little slow).
The only fault with this car is the oil leak comming from the sump!!at least i think it is, hard to tell from the limited space under the car.
If anyone has any tips for the replacement of the gaskett i would be thankful.
Cheers.
broadie
Ill get some piccys up soon its lime green metallic:sick::sick::sick:

the factory use sealer and 2 rubber seals broadie, and rarely "develop" a leak, you,re best to jetwash it and then pinpoint the source first

Thanks for the replies
After a good steam clean and getting covered in oil,
The oil leak seems to be coming from above and behind the cross member that runs from the front to rear of the engine.
This is why i was thinking it was the sump its almost impossible to see behind it.:(
Looks like i will have to remove the cross member to get at the leak!!!
Are there any other seals above the crossmember that could be causing the leak apart from the sump?
Many thanks
broadie

gearbox and flywheel off job eh :eek:
Arse:eek:
Got a couple of days next week to have a really good look, drop that crossmember and get to the bottom of it.
Hopeful its not the crankseal or driveshaft seal, and just the sump gaskett,which still looks a pain to change:doh:
Cheers
Broadie

Back