Subaru Impreza 2.0 Non-Turbo (GC8)

Has anyone owned/drove or have been a passenger in one of these? - I know it's a non-turbo but 0-60mph isn't too bad. I just want it for the 4WD system.

:glance:

yearh ive been in one a while a go, there just like a normal tbh nothing special i dont rate them. theres a big diffrance between a non and turbo impreza. and thats from only beeing a passnager. the only thing they have in common is 4wd and looks.

I've been in a 2.0 Turbo (Classic Impreza) and a 2.0 N/A (Bug Eye Impreza) and Although the N/A Was quick it would never match up to the Turbo version.

I had a lil go against the 2.0 Bug Eye in my Red K11 on a air field and whooped his ass until he started playing dirty and nearly took my back end off!

Not on a corner!

having 4wheel drive will not make you faster in a corner unless your wheels are in danger of spinning. i guarantee that a standard fwd focus ST will wupp even the STI impreza (and it actualy has a faster nurburgring time too)

4wd adds weight and aids traction on gravel where the front end is used to pull the back end through a corner, anabling you to swing the back end out further and corner faster.
even in the Group B days of the 80's with the Audi s2 Quattro sport with 600bhp+ and 4wd, on gravel it ate everything bar the pug 205T16, on tarmac however, even the mighty quattro was eaten alive kicking and screaming by the RWD opel mata.

in a non turbo impreza there is little doubt that 4wd will make it slower.

you could always turbo charge it.

my mates looking at one of these and he was speccing it up against his 1.4 rover 200. There really isnt a great deal of difference, if i was you id get an MR2 or something along those lines

the 4wd drivetrain will cost you power at the wheel in a similar way to an auto fwd/rwd box. I don't know if 4wd is an advantage over rwd/fwd in this case, but I do know that with the same engine, you have less power at the wheels and probably more weight.

Not on a corner!

and to finish my earlier rant, the subaru impreza is one of the worst handling japanese "super" cars on tarmac, they understeer like a pig. the engine is heavy and too far forward. im sure an early Evo2 with 276bhp 4wd and HANDLING will be more suitable, and can be baught for little under £4k.:wow:

Do you actually need the 4wd?? What are you using the car for??

As for the suggestion of an MR2. Dont do it. I've had two friends go down the MR2 path and both got rid of them because they are insanely expensive to maintain. Great car if you are prepared for what's involved in keeping it. But not at 19...

I cant believe I'm about to say this as I consider crxs and civics to be my mortal enemy...but they handle well, they have power and more to the point you can get lots of power out of a natural aspiration build...if I wanted a good non turbo car I'd go honda anyday.

So stick your profanity and bad attitude up your nose

No need.

Get a scooby non turbo if you want, but tbh there are better cars out there for the money and insurance...

Overall, its up to you, as you'll be driving it, i can uderstand the need for more power and handling etc...take me with my almera for an example lol

nothing wrong with civic's, they are good solid cars, its the people that buy them that ruin them.

Just like "most" vw's :doh:

Arent 4wd generally more expensive to run and maintain and therefore pointless unless you have a fast one or want to go off road?

Id have a T5 Volvo anyday, if i wasnt broke lol.

Back