Familiar turbo 2.0

does anyone recognise this car ? its turned up in a salvage yard and I'm sure I know it from here.
1827477d725a456a5.jpg

1827477d725c29645.jpg

Its a 2.0 turbo using a Silvia engine apparently.

I've seen a car in that colour with that kit (or similar) before.

Never known a 2.0l Silvia engine to be installed in a K11 though. Seems an odd choice of engine as it was stopped in the 80's from what I remember from wikipedia.

2.0 turbo from a Silvia that isn't an SR20? That must be an ancient engine! FJ20ET?

Still, thats some impressive work!

impressive work that!!!!

its the same kit as "k11stews" old old micra i believe!!!???
so maybe he knows about this???

Attachments

• carfrontleftside.jpg
    carfrontleftside.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 175
I'm assured it will be brought into the club, anyway, I've been digging a bit on Wiki and it turns out that a 2 litre Silvia wasn't produced in this country but the 1.8 turbo was, this 'only' produced 135 bhp but without an intercooler, which this one clearly has, so I would think it would produce around the 150 mark. The engine itself would have been in a rear wheel drive car originally so some gearbox jiggerypokery has been done here.

shame its not in my locla scrappy! otherwise it would be sitting in my garage by now :p

oh and as a foot note the first thing id do is get the god aweful bumper off it! poor thing!

iirc its the s13 or s12 (carnt remember) silvia 2.0 engine...the non turbo fj20e(uk spec) japan got the turbo version with 200bhp as standard with no intercooler, the internals are more or less the same...so the eingine is either turboed uk spec fj20e or an import fj20et thats turboed standard.

they come with a forged steel crank as standard! the mk1 fj20 are very rare now, theres only about 55 left registard in the uk. so could be a mk2 fj20?

this is information ive gathered....iam learning :p

shame its not in my locla scrappy! otherwise it would be sitting in my garage by now :p

oh and as a foot note the first thing id do is get the god aweful bumper off it! poor thing!

SAME!!

I can just about hear the engineering and engine wispering under all that fibreglass :glance:

You sure it's a 2l? I've heard of a few Micras with the Bluebird turbo lump in them (which is FWD) and it does look very similar to this (Hope it works...)
330209_27_full.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen as of around 13.30 today i became the saviour of this car.

It should be being delivered some point this week

well excited

haha cool tell me what the condition is as he didnt tell me much he wanted £300 for it i was going buy it spoted it ages ago but i did no no what is wrong with it

Silvia donor CA18ET power. Currently putting out a tyre shredding 0PS to the front wheels. Distributor should sort it. :grinning:
If only you knew it's history. :k12cop:

I believe this was Kev Sheks mates k11 :)

he did mention on forums somewhere of his mate having a k11 1.8T
iirc

looking at the pic its a CA18ET from the Silvia, must have a Bluebird G/box fitted to make it FWD :)

I remember being Kev Sheks mates car also (Kev Sheks car was the car that made me create mine).

I'd also say that its the CA18ET from the Silvia.

Titch

the only history i know apparently. the car used to shoot past this place everyday going very well. One day the owner came in and asked if the car could be picked up because the car had broken down, so the car was collected. About a week later the owner came in agreed to buy another car from the garage with the micra as part exchange and thats where it has sat for the last 5 months.

I'll have to see what she is like when she arrives i personally think those pics look pretty good. I will show some decent pics when she arrives.

I take it you don't like the body kit? lol

Question:

Any one no the rough 0-60 times for the 2 litre and the 1.8 when in a silvia? oh that pic that has been posted by craig got anymore pics or info?

thanks
paul

Back