picked up 2.0 micra today

kristian

One Way Mule
Well I picked up the SR20DE project from RACEWORX today ( Top bloke! ran into RICHMICRATWISTER too.. )... just been weighing it all up...

I picked up the shell inc most chassis.... mounts for the 2.0... and the WRC spec shafts....

My aim with the project is to fit an SR20DE out of a Primera eGT ( 150bhp ) .. and run its as standard as possible to get the car to an MOT pass-able point...

... most of the interior will be going back in...

Cobras etc...

The Entire catalogue of uprated parts of my Yellow Wide arch 1.3 micra will be going on...

INC whitline parts.. Sparco parts..

Strutbraces...

Shocks and springs....

Ive got a powerflow 2" catback system as of next week...

The 14x9 Borbet Type t's on Falkens

The Works spec wide arch kit... with FULL rear quarter fitment...

(full fibreglass bumpers and skirts and quarters and wings)

Still to decide:

Ive still not decided weather to move the tank inside the car or Do the fuel extension and sparco filler cap... like the Yellow one...

Not decided on color... might keep red... might go yellow... the possibilities are endless....

At some point some D2 coilovers will be purchased....

Next year or very late this year there will be a turbo being fitted.... Ive got a vapour-blasted and oven painted GTIR manifold already....

Wish me luck...

Best of luck mate! Hope all goes to plan, sounds like some serious dosh being invested in this car (again!) ;)

James :)

James said:
Best of luck mate! Hope all goes to plan, sounds like some serious dosh being invested in this car (again!) ;)

James :)

cheers...

I think Ian spent most of the dosh needed... I estimate its gonna set me back about a grand from now until completion....

NOT including man hours... lmfao!!!

Still... when finished... should be an abosolute moster of a car!!

kristian said:
cheers...

I think Ian spent most of the dosh needed... I estimate its gonna set me back about a grand from now until completion....

NOT including man hours... lmfao!!!

Still... when finished... should be an abosolute moster of a car!!
Indeed it will! I wouldnt mind being driven in it when done ;) 70 days till JAE ;)

will be good to see it finished, as said most of the expensive stuff is done, its a case of just getting it all back together and finished.

good luck man

Hi im quite new and dont know what im doing

Hi sorry to ask hear but i cant find a help thread. I was just wondering on hear theres quite alot of things it says i cant do like private msg people and how do i get a avatar working...Please some one help me out :grinning:

Good luck mate!!! Hope things go well for you, it will be an absolute monster when its done, one of the best k11's in the club once it is all working. Looking forward to seeing updates and hopefully the finished item not to far in the future. :)

kristian, am no genius but wouldnt it have been easier to put the 2.0l in ur yellow one? surely its gonna cost a bomb transferring the arches over n that?

Pimp My Micra said:
Hi sorry to ask hear but i cant find a help thread. I was just wondering on hear theres quite alot of things it says i cant do like private msg people and how do i get a avatar working...Please some one help me out :grinning:

you need to be a member and click on the search and type things in it will bring up all the different threads and you have to keep them on subject.

back on subject....Good luck :D

Big_ben said:
kristian, am no genius but wouldnt it have been easier to put the 2.0l in ur yellow one? surely its gonna cost a bomb transferring the arches over n that?

i was thinking the same, good luck with all :)

The cost on getting the engine bay to be as good as Raceworx would be more than transferring the bodykit really, plus I know he's been wanting a facelift shell as it'll be in better condition than a pre-facelift one

seems likes a lot of bother, all this transferring etc etc. Why not sell the yellow one as it is and then build the sr20.

goldstar0011 said:
The cost on getting the engine bay to be as good as Raceworx would be more than transferring the bodykit really, plus I know he's been wanting a facelift shell as it'll be in better condition than a pre-facelift one

ah makes sense, newer shell and all.

We thought there was, but it turned out to be kristian pulling out too fast from a junction which made the car shimmy both ways down the road for abit - and i spilt some bbq sause on kristians dads merc carpet and he was ####ed off at me...

Nothing major tho - lol

####ed off at you...

u SPILT the coke....

AND you SMEARED the BBQ sauce on the MERC carpet...

ill bring ricky next time. ... you just cant seem to control you bodily movements given any circumstances..

lol

Big_ben said:

Its all to do with the future of the car... the yellow one I mean...

the thing goes very well and looks the dogs!!! best looking and handling K11 ever imo...

with the wheels and everything...

ITS JUST NOT 'track speed' material...
which I DO want the car to be....

with the wheels and the wide track the car handles amazingly... SO stable at high speeds....

but with the 1.3 ill never have that... and turboing the CG13 to 200bhp just isn't as as cheap or reliable as a 2.0.... ...

people think that fitting a body kit means that everything has to be smoothed to the bodywork and that all the panels have to be blended to look good....

If you take another look at my Wide arch yellow k11 you will see that the doors will come off... as with both bumpers... which are a direct fit...and the boot....

The front wings are bolt on... so just the skirts are the only blending other than the rear quarters...

...... so the blending that need doing with the wide arch kit is just the rear quarters and the joints on the skirts...

not much work at all... if you know what your doing and have the patience... very cheap if you do it all yourself...

SO...

in conclusion... I was going to do the 2.0 conversion to the Wide arch micra... but it IS and old car is is showing its age underneath....

THEN i saw raceworx's 2.0 come up for sale... its a newer car... immaculate bodywise.... and it has the mounts and shafts....

this, as far as im concerned is 50% of the work...

25% fitting the engine and 25% fitting the bodywork and performance suspension etc....

kristian said:
####ed off at you...

u SPILT the coke....

AND you SMEARED the BBQ sauce on the MERC carpet...

ill bring ricky next time. ... you just cant seem to control you bodily movements given any circumstances..

lol

I dont think ricky would go halfs on petrol to go and pick up a car that belongs to you - somehow... And you bought coke that you diddnt drink... and then i am to be responsible for its well-being? pffft!

There is no doubting that i burst the bbq sauce though, its the worser of the few evils that were comitted but it guess it could have been far worse... i could have smeared it into your eyelids...

are you ON this week or sommat dusk...

I paid for the petrol for my car and you paid for yours...

I have full rights to be ####ed about the carpet.

l.....o......

...l

dads carpet or my eylids i know which one id chose!! :p aslong as that gurriller knife didnt get used on anyone or anything!!

nope.. fwn is it bad?? it was hit from the rear 1nce when i had it some chav in a fiesta tried racing me but hit it! bent my exhuast but it didnt look to do any other damage i never checked inside :S

That will be it yes...

...basically its just a crease... Did you have it Insurence repaired Ian? it seems to have had some jiggery?..

Its in the floor pan next to the spare wheel well...

Still theres no broken paint and is non structural. so all okies..

Back