• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

SU carbed k10

Which wires would be for parklights and dims ? I could nip them before the come in here and wire a seperate switch ? Could it be the green wires?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368375973.338812.jpg

Thanks ! whenever i get back up there ill wire in two swtches one for parks and one for dims and leave the rest of the unit as it should be and hopefully that will work ,
I hope nct are the same , our version of mot , but theyd do you for anything they could in an nct here , iv seen once where they failed a mate because in his 3 door car he had seat covers and they "couldnt work " the leaver on side for it to come forward for back passengers to get it , so they get there money for a retest ! its only a money racket in our country

Alll these jobs are 10 times easier with the right tools ! Now we're talking :D my friend has a DOE centre ( testing for commercials ) so we used the testing equipment to see what needs doing pre nct , not too much in need of doing , brake lines and few bits , worked on front brakes and loads of other small bits today
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368906717.730074.jpg

Got some spare time today , so start making an adapter for air intake , recycled old bushing that was scrapped when i made a few hundred last summer and bored that out to the right size , welded it onto steel plate and drilled and bored that to size
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369331166.429012.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369331187.696320.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369331206.271097.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369331225.050626.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369331243.697227.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369331281.523922.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369331281.523922.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 306
the needle size should be on the needle itself mate, stamped around the side of the widest part at top
edit: widest silver bit assuming its stainless needle with brass collar at top

No its just WK , ill have to have another look tomorrow , :) i wasnt sure how to seperate it , didnt want to do harm ha i took apart the carb but didnt know how the jett seperates from the spring loaded unit, :/ i took a screw out from side but still no budge ? I was afraid to do damage to something iv waited for for so long ,

Thanks man :)

Have had little or no time to work on my car :( but i just got to check the needle and thankfully it is BDL so that saves needing a different one :) happy out :) there will be nearly no action here till i finish my exams in june :(

Will the su piston ever be fully down in its operation? Iv been polishing it but it gets a little stiff when it gets near full closure
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370337855.841439.jpg

EDIT :
It turns out its not the piston , theres a little collar around the needle which the screw tightens against, and the screw was tightened against the split in it and it broke , so the needle was out of line , so to make or buy new !

Solid no spring , its supposed to sit dead vertical without movement, as far as i can observe , only spring is up at top of needle ,

just making sure its not supposed to be pulled to one side, I'd pay the money, su's are pretty agricultural as far as carbs go but its still a fairly precision piece of kit

Just pondering for the summer , seem like easy logic for the power i would recieve ? Its a method that definatly works with the SU
2y4usumu.jpg

Draw through turbo set up is what I had planned for my K10. Cheap and easy to set up, though not as tuneable as blow through. Can't run an intercooler on it either....unless you're planning on building a bomb :eek:

Yeah i cropped the wrong photo ! i found a pretty cool write up on blow through and draw through using the HIF 44 , it seems pretty easy to me! ( draw not blow ) carbon seal Because of the petrol right ?

Yeah i cropped the wrong photo ! i found a pretty cool write up on blow through and draw through using the HIF 44 , it seems pretty easy to me! ( draw not blow ) carbon seal Because of the petrol right ?

If its not carbon sealed iirc it'll pull oil through the turbo and smoke like buggery....as well as drinking your oil! lol

Good thing is you don't need to sort much out in way of fuelling ie on boost enrichment sort of thing. most difficult bit will be fabricating manifolds and retarding ignition, neither of which will be that difficult tbh ;)

Applying for an aprenticeship for a heavy vehicles mechanic , have an interview coming next month , if i get that instead of college iv a lot planned for this car !!! But turbo seems very possible , iv got all the tools i need to fabricate a mani and all :) its seems easyily done for what you get out of it !

Thanks for the heads up :) im already on it :p question, if the tubo stays where it should be , i.e porks mani , would the carb be okay down there or would it need to be piped slightly away from the turbo ?

Also with an su carb and turbo i should probably also be looking at practical mods such as brakes , and figure out if this 5 speed box will take all this., i defo wont go over 90bhp with
Ma12 head
Su
Turbo
So box and drives should be okay right?

Thanks for the heads up :) im already on it :p question, if the tubo stays where it should be , i.e porks mani , would the carb be okay down there or would it need to be piped slightly away from the turbo ?

IIrc you want the carb as close to the turbo as possible but slightly above to avoid fuel pooling

Also with an su carb and turbo i should probably also be looking at practical mods such as brakes , and figure out if this 5 speed box will take all this., i defo wont go over 90bhp with
Ma12 head
Su
Turbo

One way to find out ;)

Just coped on aswell the turbo will be running full time with this set up ! Im sure i could machine adapter plates, then get 45 mm internal steel pipe , cut ends at an angle and weld on the plates , keeping it close to turbo but yet higher , and yes Ade there is one way to find out :p just would rather not make **** of something :p ah well fook the social life :p my car is my priority after my exams ( which start in the morning ) :p and here's me planning a bit of forced induction :p

Ma12 head
Su
Turbo

In the week off thrashing about In my turbo beasty, everything held up fine, good knows what power it had, stupidly quick from how I bought it, to what I got it too, that's with a 4 speed box too.

Then that cable tied throttle cable decides to ruin everything :D

I'm still using the same box and shafts for the cg conversion

So think it'll be fine.

Look into k11 hubs, for bigger breaks, think you'll need k11 track ends too, this is what I'm gunna use

Go on son ;) As I said, I was planning on going this route but things change :( Guess you're gonna have to do it for me :D
I've done a fair bit of research and have loads of stuff bookmarked so if you go ahead with it gimme a yell, I may be able to help

Sounds good ! K11's are easy peasy get parts for in scrappys , theres just so many more, i reakon my uncle might have one for scrap, was going to install front antiroll bar too if i got an 11 for ripping

Back