Student loan payment

B

Ben

My registration for uni is tomorrow, like have to take all the forms in and everything to get checked but my question is when will i receive the student loan i.e. when will the money be available to me in my account of the BACS transfer goes through tomorrow?

Its deffinalty a BACS transfer, i have the paper saying it should go through on the 19th but cant see it going in then so i would imagine it shouldnt be long after, i will check next day, just need some of my student loan to finally pay off the new car, oh Pete, i need to speak to you too - check your pm - thanks

well mine was in the first day i started uni ben.
the student loan forms will have already been processed if u have had letters telling you how much u will get etc. so if its the same as my uni it should be there in the morning

sound, al have to check first thing in the morning - gr8!! All my forms have been processed yeah

it will be there in the morning, im registering tomorrow as well, but they contact your uni and local education authority before you enrole, so unless you've had a delay letter, it will be in tomorrow morning,i've sometimes had mine in a few days before it has said on teh schedule letter

Having graduated, the only thing I can say about the SLC is don't hold ur breath. It'll come but not necessarily very quickly.

in my first year all except the first instalment were about 1week early, but last year, my first instalment was a month late :s

So, in conclusion, if u want to find out when ur payment is coming through just roll a dice... (if u can nick a 31-sided one from the Role Playing Game Society :D)

I always got the first one as a cheque, to ensure you actually turned up and weren't just using it as a cheap loan.

i had to wait five days for mine. and then transfer the whole lot. my bank doesnt exist in dundee apparently. typical.

hmm after me saying your loan will be in, mine isnt... lol, gutted, ah well

yeah when i registered today i took all the forms in and they check it and take the bar code bit at the bottom and apparently:

"send an electronic message to the SLC and they then release the money into your account, this could take up to a maximum of five working days, we have been insured that this year there will be no delays"

so bummer, still gonna check every morning

usualy is at mine, but today i went in, and the registration process is all changed to, so maybe thats affected loans, no one seemed to have there loans at my uni, but the schedule says the 19th, im going to ring the SLC tomorrow and see what the crack is

has anyone got theres yet? Ive had hell on today, i aint got mine so rang SLC and they told me my attendance hadnt been confirmed even though i enrolled on Monday. Rang my uni, only turns out they havent even told the SLC yet because they are so busy even though we were promised it would be done on monday night. Worst part of it is that the woman says they wont be able to confirm untill the latest early next week which means 5 days from there, so could be like a week on Monday before i get mine. However, i talked to a friend who also enrolled on Monday and he got his yesterday which is 3 days after the enrolment, i think they say 5 to give themselves two days to work around it but BACS transfer only takes 3 days. Worst part of it is i need it to pay the outstanding balance on the new car so still driving the micra at the moment. Grrrr

when is your actual first day of term? has this week been freshers week or something? coz mine is always the first day of term (i.e the week after freshers week), so mine will go in this monday (26th)

yeah - this week was freshers and my proper first day is monday, however, the university failed to tell the SLC i have enrolled so probably not till later on next week or beginning of following now :(

Was supposed to be picking the car up on Monday

i just checked on the SLC website and apparently im getting paid on the 27th.
On the payment schedule sheet, it says submitted alongside the payment for the 27th September whereas it normally says Approved on the rest so surely this must mean at the latest it will be Tuesday

Back