Student loan information

Ian

Ex. Club Member
Right well student loans have changed this year. Amanda is getting more money this year because she lives away from home. But she doesnt get tution fee's paied, fair enough her mother is going to pay them anyway. So she has went up from about £1800 or something to over £4000.

Now i have lost money because my parents make less? I still get fee's paied for me, but ive lost money i shall recive, ok so i dont need the money next year for much BUT if amanda lived at home, her loan would be MORE then my loan + tution fees combined, this is STUPID. Its like the goverment are trying to keep poor people out of university's....

Well i suppose ur lucky in a way... if u started uni next year u would be paying £3000 ish tutition fees a year lol the way student loans r worked out is stupid lol dont try and figure them out.... im sure they just throw a dart at a number 2 decide how much ppl get :D lol

I think that the government is finally realising that too many people are going into higher education and the easiest way to reduce the numbers is to stop the poor

Hardky fair though. They can't stop poor people from learning when they may well be the cleverest. Think they got it all wrong anyways!!! Bring back the grants I say/. :D

This is main reason I decided to not go Uni, I couldn't understand what I'd be entitled to until I asked which if I wasn't get what I'd need I'd be in trouble.

Good luck to those who are at Uni!

there should be two student loan amounts, one for students living at home and one for students living away, and tuition fees should be paid for by the government.
But unfortunatley, while chavs can get themselves a BSc in David Beckham studies, students have to pay for their own education.
And considering that it was only 7 years ago that Blair said that he was putting more money into the education system... three times... he has a short memory.
AND... if they spent less on effing speed bumps, there would be more money for education XD

less speed bumps, means we can get 2 lectures on time! yay! lol eveyone is a winner!

I am in my last year of an Open Uni degree. I have been able to work whilst studying, so I'm in no debt. This last year, I found out too, that I can get my course fees paid, because I earn under a certain amount. Shame I didn't discover that before. Doh.

runaway-robot said:
less speed bumps, means we can get 2 lectures on time! yay! lol eveyone is a winner!

the speed bumps in south tyneside college are like brick walls in the middle of the road! i forget how many times i scraped the bottom of my old k11 when i was there, and i only had it dropped 35mm!

I know iv just been there today dropping something off no matter how slow you go over them you hear an aweful big crack!

Back