University

Robert

Ex. Club Member
HOW EXPENSIVE.!!!

I've been accepted into 5 of the 6 places I applied for, and narrowed it down to the two I'm most interested, one in Marjons, Plymouth a 3 year Primary school teaching course, and the other at Plymouth Uni, based on Exmouth campus, same degree, but 4 year course.

Was looking through some fo the costs this morning, and oh my,

Looks liek I'm gonna be poorer than ever. However, one place offers a free wireless enabled laptop to students :D

Now i have to fill in student finance forms, decide if i want a loan, find out if I'm eligible for a grant, and which.. Whether I want to stay at home (Around an hours drive from either campus) or live on/near campus.

EEK.

End of rant. :wasntme:

ahh yes, that is always a problem. I just couldn't be bothered to put effort into As-levels and done awful, Got an E Grade in Biology at AS....woohoo GO ME!!!!!

well done for getting accepted! all thats left now is for you to pass your alevels :D

im still on the old system so im only paying £1107 (ha only) but if you are on the new system you are def gonna get shafted for fees.

DONT APPLY ONLINE!!! the website is in welsh, they send you log in information which doesnt work so they send you more, and that doesnt work so you ring them up and tell them if they dont sort it you are going to come round and break their legs... stick to the old paper and pen.

hehe thanks for the advice..

Insersion fee for the course is £2700 for the year.. Damn.

I got D at AS biology, HA, i win :p
But dropped it. Could've done better but hated it so didnt put in any effort.

haha i got accepted, didnt have a clue what i was getting myself into to. I hate uni but love the lifestyle, its well worth it - my mams poor so i didnt have to pay too much but still,

OMG those fees are ludacrous, for the difference of a year it would probably be best to d othe course at teh proper Uni (I anm guessing htat Marjons is an old Poly), really can't wait to finish my course and get a job, although not looking to paying back 13-odd thousand though!

Well done for getting accepted, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! I'm undertaking an extra teacher training course during the summer, so that should be fun (secondary school kids, eek!)

Layla said:
DONT APPLY ONLINE!!! the website is in welsh, they send you log in information which doesnt work so they send you more, and that doesnt work so you ring them up and tell them if they dont sort it you are going to come round and break their legs... stick to the old paper and pen.

Have you got a dodgy computer or something?! It's worked fine for me for the past couple of years, and its much easier when you do it next time as all the information is saved :).

Yes it has Welsh, but only because its needed for some students.

If you want to live at home, I'd advice not going to Exmouth, it's at least an hour further on from Plymouth, by the time you take into account the fact that you have to double back on yourself once you get to Exeter.

You should do what I do, take an Open Uni degree. You get all your course fees paid, if you earn under a certain amount (although I only discovered this after I'd been paying £500 a year for 4 years - doh). And I get a grant for books too. It's taken me 6 years to get a degree, part time - but you can take 2 courses a year to get the degree in 3 years, and you can do a teacher training element at the end too.

Exmouth is closing in 2 years, so even if i went there I'd be in plymouth after 2 years to complete the course.. If i was to go there I wouldn't stay at home.

But dependant on grades I'm hoping to go to Marjons anyway. Just need to work out the finer details

Hopefully I'll be going to Sussex Uni later this year to start a law degree. I am looking at another 6 years minimum to qualify as a lawyer - and around £30,000 debt. But that is relatively minor compared to one of my friends who is slightly older than me. He is in debt to the tune of £50,000. He is training as an airline pilot (graduates this year from flight school). How mad is that??!!

Im hopefully going to Leeds or Northumbria havent decided if I want to live away from home it would be cheaper to stay; to do nursing I dont have to pay as you get a bursary for going :)

am at northumbria, its not the best like but i couldnt be bothered living away from home, i got accepted to leeds bristol and teeside but chose to stay ome

Big_ben said:
am at northumbria, its not the best like but i couldnt be bothered living away from home, i got accepted to leeds bristol and teeside but chose to stay ome

Its definatly gonna be cheaper in the long run and I wont have to do my own washing

it depends where you go an what kind of course your doin as to how much debt ur goin to get into by the end of it. im still living at home and i get my fees paid for my course which is cool so hopefully (fingers crossed unless i really have to) i wont leave uni with any debt after 2 years :)