strap me in :D

tommo

Ex. Club Member
got me some willans 3 points delivered off rik yesterday (cheers matey) fitted properly this morning.

Image007.jpg

Image006.jpg

tommo

and before anyone says anything arsey yes i know there on standard seats but thats changing in the new yr, also the normal seatbelt is still in, buckle had to go, but the belt itself is cable tied out the way until i get time to strip the rear 3/4's

so are you getting buckets or super s / sr seats after new year dude? you finding it difficult to see out of junctions? i do sometimes lol

I might be selling a second-hand Janspeed in the near future if that interests yoiu?
Is that legal to have harnesses and those kind of seats tho?
Craig

Craig said:
I might be selling a second-hand Janspeed in the near future if that interests yoiu?
Craig

dont see how it can be ilegal

Craig said:
Craig

keep me informed please craig, ill deffo be interested

willans are fia approved, plus there used in some westfields as standard so i cant see why not at all.

TBH mate - i would not trust them as they are on standard seats. the headreasts are not designed to be a saftey device in the event of a crash. if the head rest gives way then the belts could come loose which is something you dont want.

also im not 100% sure on the location you have put your anchor. idealy its best for the anchor to be above the seat - IE use the rear seat belt top mount.

SplanK said:
also im not 100% sure on the location you have put your anchor. idealy its best for the anchor to be above the seat - IE use the rear seat belt top mount.

the fitting instuctions say you dont fit the rear anchor above the shoulders,,they need to be no more than 45degree

RIK said:
the fitting instuctions say you dont fit the rear anchor above the shoulders,,they need to be no more than 45degree

Second that. On the rally car we are preparing at college, the harnessess are mounted to the floor, in a similar position as shown above.

The car is looking good.

if you think about it its better lower and closer t the seat as poss so the belt wraps around your shoulders,

fixing them high and away from the seat the belt kind just touches the front of your shoulders,,,,thats how i see it anyway lol

the way i see it if the seat collapses, then there will be nothing to support the belt and to keep you in place..
however if it was higher then it would take up the slack already and prevent you flying forward...

but if there fitted and set up correctly there will be no slack. fair enough micra seats arent exactly sporty but there nade to comply with regulations. besides they'll be swapped soon enough.....

but if the seat collapses its going to move forwards and down - thus introducing slack so the occupant moves forward towards the windscreen.

however if the same situation happens - then the belt cant drop as much thus still holds the occupant back..

im not going to get into what the micra seats are like - im generalising with any seat.

**HOWEVER**
If the instructions have told you to put them there then it must be specific to that kit.

SplanK said:
but if the seat collapses its going to move forwards and down - thus introducing slack so the occupant moves forward towards the windscreen.

however if the same situation happens - then the belt cant drop as much thus still holds the occupant back..

i've been hearing similar to this, mine are mounted where the rear lap belt was, but i've been meaning to change them to the c pillar for a while now....

position D in the first pic is 45degree,,and thats whats on the instructions,,but it said iirc that shouldnt be more than 90degree,position C,,,i was wrong to say closer to seat the better

Back