help me!!!

recently some of you may have seen i've had standalone management fitted to the micra. this has now been removed, to be fitted to another vehicle. putting the micra back together though has provided confusion.

firstly, the distributor wouldnt go back together properly. The rotor arm hole would not line up with the distributor rotating spindle hole. Eventually having fought with interference fit parts. i had to file down the rotor arm hole to make it fit.

I have completely re-fitted the distributor, and the engine wouldnt start. there is fuel pressure, and there is air getting in. this lead me to believe the sparks are at fault. having pulled the plugs out, cylinders 1 & 2 fire fine, but 3 & 4 do not.

Having discovered this, i then looked down into the cylinders and discovered some shiny liquid on the surface of the piston, as well as a lot of pitting. its the liquid i'm worried about though. i cannot tell whether its fuel or oil, or indeed both. i'm certain its not water. the cylinders smell of fuel, but i had been turning the engine over.

Finally, i looked on the inside of the distributor cap to check the points and a couple of them have slight clipping marks on them.

I dont know what to check next, please help me!!!

If i remember, the distributor only goes in one way, and was really arsey when i did it to get in. easiest way was to get the rocker off and line it up that way. The spindle has two "tooth" like bits, one is larger then the other if i remember, to fit only one way onto the cam. It might be on the wrong way round (due to the filing down)
?

cheers mate but i didnt remove the whole distributor body.

I removed the distributor cap oputer cover, followed by the rotor arm, inner cover, the tube inside the rotor arm and finally the rotor wheel. everything else stayed in place. i put the cap back on while driving on the emerald ecu just for protection.

Back