strange rear noises

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
ok last night when i was cornering the car made an odd noise seemed to be coming from the rear passenger side. It only did it twice more on the journey home but then today i noticed it was doing it again this time once i got above 25mph on the straight, same noise from the same area every time i did more than 25.

The noise is similar to when our washing machine drum wasnt sitting straight and when the drum spun it was catching on something. it sounds pretty much exactly the same as that like a metal drum spinning and catching something rubber.

The noise is similar to when our washing machine drum wasnt sitting straight

It;s not a 4WD is it??? lol

Serious note. Possibly the rear brakes not releasing fully. Could a ceased rear brake valve cause this? I can't remember what my car was like when my rear brake valve ceased up. It's a possibility and a very long shot. lol

no its not lol. i only had it serviced about 3 weeks ago should the break valves come up on this? he said the rear something was worn a little but will last til the next service, cant remember the name of the part but it relates to the handbreak.

danimicra8

i had a wheelarch liner come loose which only rubbed at speed, but thats on the front tho eh
possible exhaust touching the body or like ollie says brake shoes catching ?

well apparently they shoes are fine but i have a rear shock gone, where is the best place to get one? they said £27 for the shock and£15 labour so I dont think thats too expensive.

danimicra8

if its a new shock its best to have the pair done
a shock from a scrappie would be 5 or 10 quid

Back