strange noise

R

rajan87

hi can anyone please advice on strange noises coming from my micra automatic. there is no noise when the car is standing and the engine running. but when the car is moving there seems to be a strange noise coming and when the car comes to a stop the noise also stops. i recently had my friend change the front brake pads and dics. i also checked the dipstick on the automatic transmission fluid which showed it was bone dry but i cant seem to find the place to pour the fluid to top it up. any suggestions please.

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
On the manual box you fill through the speedo cable hole, the Haynes will tell you how to do it, where does the noise come from and what does it sound?

OP
OP
R

rajan87

hi it comes from the front wheels and sounds like a grumbling noise but when the vehicle comes to a stop the noise stops too.

B

brucep

not sure on the age of your micra but in the haynes manual it says "use a funnel in the dipstick tube to fill the transmission" hope this helps.

bruce

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Hmm, tht is an odd one, what does the wheel area look like? HAve you gotten the car up on axle stands and run the engine to see if the problem can be better identified?, Could just be something rubbing, is performance affected?