Strange noise?

stokie1985

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys and gals. I have a 1995 1.3lx manual version. At the moment I here this strange like windy humming like sound when I'm driving and it sounds like its coming from the passenger side but cant be sure. The sound is kind of like a windy sound when you dont close your door properly. I was thinking it could be my tyres, maybe I need to swap them around but I had this on a 106 xl I owned years ago and it turned out to be a wheel bearing I think it was. Anyway its really annoying, and its worse because I dont have a stereo at the moment so I cant mask the sound. I drove back 220 miles back to stoke on trent with the car and I didnt really hear much of a sound. Its only been since I did all my tyre pressures 2 weeks ago. I drove 220 miles without doing my tyre pressures (which is totally not like me not to check the tyres before a long journey) so I've been thinking it could be that. If it was a wheel bearing or wishbone then it surely would of shown on the mot but the mot was in december and it had no advisories. What do you think it could be? Thanks in advance.

Ryan:)

Does it vary with speed? It does, it does sound like a wheel bearing :).

I get the alll the time, sounds like my door or window is open, really heard it when i was driving over snow :L, Just think its noise insulation has gone a bit :p

Well...I kinda hope this isn't the reason, my mums SVE 1.4 was sounding (inside) as if a window was open...or the door seal had gone etc...more when she accelerated.
turned out there was a Massive hole in the middle section of her Exhaust system :(
...all sorted now... but...could that be what's happened to yours too?

or it could be a bearing...as Guy said ;)

Back