Strange noise

When my car is standing still theres this noise commin froom underneith my car, it sounds abit like a pump but it is inconsistant, its there for about 2 seconds stops for about 5 then on for 5 and so on, aint had good look yet will be tomorro when i get to college, but anyone know what it could be? is it ment to be there just i havent noticed it before? thanks.

were abouts from the car is the noise coming from. Is it while the car is idling, is it only after turning the car off? Is it a pumping whirling noise or the sound of water being shifted

Mike

its air going back into the expansion tank in the coolent system. Best bet is to flush the whole system as you may have some air in the system somewere.

Mike

its air going back into the expansion tank in the coolent system. Best bet is to flush the whole system as you may have some air in the system somewere.

Mike

If his vehicle is Right hand drive this won't be the case as the expansion tank is on the left hand (passenger) side of the k11 engine bay?

never said it was the expansion tank, there is air in the engine which is trying to return to the expansion tank

Back