Strange new noise

E

eamon

[color=apo ie red]
A new noise has started in my car.

Its a whinning type of noise?

It only happens when engine revs are around 3100 ie around 100 k/h on 5th gear
this happenes on any gear though its related to the rves.
If i speed over and passed the 3.1k on the rev counter the noise goes away.This noise stareted all of a sudden and there is a narrow rpm band that it exists in.

Its a whinning type of noise?
Its a k11 engine is a 998
my chain does not make noise when starting the engine.
Any ideas ??????
My panel beater told me I need not go that fast and ignored the complaint.
:suspect:

M

MTB

could be clutch, but my bros car had this and it wasnt really a whining noise so not sure, might even be your gearbox, my old super s used to whine and my sr still soes sometimes, try changeing the box oil it helped my sr, MTB:].

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 281
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 246
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 251

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
My car does the same. I'm getting new clutch and cable on Monday. And box oil changed. Same thing happened to my first Micra too.
Simon

OP
OP
E

eamon

Ok its not the speakers as it occures when the stero is off and its seems to originate centrally not from the side where the speaker are.

I forgot to mention that my cars gear stick spring is gone. ie if in neutral and you move the stick side ways pressure is only felt at one end.it does not like to center on one side. Could this have cused early wear and tear?

If its the clutch how much are we taking about ?
is it a big job?
should i drive it till the clutch stops engaging ?
o_O

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
NOOOOO.. your clutch goes you can basically tear cr4p out of your gearbox smashing central release bearings etc!!

could also twist/bend/snap your cams etc then also causing more engine issues. if its a problem get it fixed. dont just let it run out

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
i do everything myself :)
best thing for you my friend. and being serious. buy yourself a haynes manuel. this is like a secred book. it will help you LOADS. if not give confidence to be able to do it. at least you know what the issue is and how it is fixed. so that if u do take it elsewere u dont get bumraped for it!!

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
Its not that expensive.really.
I bought a Blueprint cluch(the aftermarket replacement for japaneese cars) for £38 from my local motor factor.Nissan will cahrge you about DOUBLE!
And a cluch cable for £21. My local garage said labour to fit these and change the box oil will be about £70. Which for the centre of Edinburgh is fairly resonable.
I'd get it sorted asap to stop further damage.
Hope this helps Simon:upside: